No Cod fisherman?

Loonzter

New Angler
Jan 20, 2020
Long Island, NY
Geez, I'd have thought with today's weather forecast there would have ben someone out on the water fishing for cod/ling? SE 5 knts 1-2' on the ocean, all that was missing was the sun.

Roccus7

Staff member
Dec 22, 2018
Midcoast Maine
Many keyboard anglers here. PropellerJohn is our resident PB fisherman, I'm sure we'll be hearing from him soon.

Weather up here has been great too, breaks my heart not to have the boat in the water this winter, but I have to pull my float and boat because of icing. I'll continue to keep severe Cabin Fever from setting in by hitting the clam/oyster flats on the moon tides...

Reactions: Chevy1 and MOJOE

longcast

Angler
Mar 7, 2019
Many keyboard anglers here. PropellerJohn is our resident PB fisherman, I'm sure we'll be hearing from him soon.

Weather up here has been great too, breaks my heart not to have the boat in the water this winter, but I have to pull my float and boat because of icing. I'll continue to keep severe Cabin Fever from setting in by hitting the clam/oyster flats on the moon tides...
Good point, but also look at the state of our fisheries in say, the last 10-15 years. My reason, other items in life that make me happy!

Reactions: Chevy1

poorrichard

New Angler
Jan 17, 2019
Used to cod fish all the time when I was younger. Really enjoyed winter fishing. Last Cod trip was in the early 2000's out of Montauk. We caught well that day. The old Marlin 6 Princess with Capt Ed. at the helm. In fact we limited the boat and returned home early.

Haven't cod fished since. I don't like having to buy the ticket on line in advance, If you wake up and the weatherman got it wrong, you have to go. I am in my sixties now and don't want fish in "nautical conditions" anymore.

JackPrintMD

Well-Known Angler
Dec 21, 2018
Fire Island Inlet / Islip
Used to cod fish all the time when I was younger. Really enjoyed winter fishing. Last Cod trip was in the early 2000's out of Montauk. We caught well that day. The old Marlin 6 Princess with Capt Ed. at the helm. In fact we limited the boat and returned home early.

Haven't cod fished since. I don't like having to buy the ticket on line in advance, If you wake up and the weatherman got it wrong, you have to go. I am in my sixties now and don't want fish in "nautical conditions" anymore.
Remember the Marlin 5.
Those were the Good Old Dayz for me.

eyeglassjoe

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2018
Bayport
I do go on a fairly regular basis. but I've been in Florida for the last week and a half. now we have some weather coming...and Tanaku shows will be starting...But if you go get your reports in, would luv to hear them

eyeglassjoe

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2018
Bayport

can't say that I blame you, if you can, then pick your days...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chefvin