Northern Kingfish

pequa1

Staff member
Dec 23, 2018
, it should be obvious
along with a mess of shorts I caught and kept two foot long or slightly better kingfish last weekend and another this morning. Some NCPD Marine cops told me on my way in that the bay is loaded with them this year. Barbecued them tonight in a little plain water in a foil canoe and spread some Uncle Giusseppi's francaise sauce (spelling?) OMG I had forgotten how delicious they are without going to any lengths at all. Question is, rather than hoping I catch another as bycatch instead of all the short fluke, is there a way to catch them in any quantity? On the light setup and jig I went to last year, they even put up a decent little tussle. I am a fan.

Reactions: MOJOE and Roccus7

Roccus7

Staff member
Dec 22, 2018
Midcoast Maine
along with a mess of shorts I caught and kept two foot long or slightly better kingfish last weekend and another this morning. Some NCPD Marine cops told me on my way in that the bay is loaded with them this year. Barbecued them tonight in a little plain water in a foil canoe and spread some Uncle Giusseppi's francaise sauce (spelling?) OMG I had forgotten how delicious they are without going to any lengths at all. Question is, rather than hoping I catch another as bycatch instead of all the short fluke, is there a way to catch them in any quantity? On the light setup and jig I went to last year, they even put up a decent little tussle. I am a fan.
Them and blowfish are 2 of the best eating fish on LI!! Used to get them, along with small weaks in Peconic Bay with a high/low rig on squid strips...

Reactions: MOJOE

WhatKnot

Well-Known Angler
May 18, 2019
Sounds delicious, a big thumbs up for Uncle Giuseppe’s anything.

pequa1

Staff member
Dec 23, 2018
, it should be obvious
so, just continue to drift along ? (I dislike anchoring my kayak and watching our freind's dog still I have yet to uncover the Sea Pro. ( I did put a teaser back on and above my 3/4 oz leadhead fluke rig)

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sorop