Not one bite the whole trip !

Area: Debs/Jones

Pangaroo

Angler
Jan 15, 2021
Went out Friday 9AM- 2PM to fish for Fluke. Launched at Wantagh Park ,tide was outgoing, light wind. Nothing, not even a bite the whole trip. Did anybody fish inside Jones Inlet yesterday ? Bay was pretty crowded with boats , plenty of shore fishermen, didn't see one fish caught the whole day. No sea robins, no nothing. I fished Jones Beach Pier to the Meadowbrook, Swift Creek South of the Bridge, Jones Inlet both sides . Not even a sea robin ! I hope we have good Meadowbrook Bridge fluking we had last year. Fluke fishing doesn't look good this year.

Went out Friday 9AM- 2PM to fish for Fluke. Launched at Wantagh Park ,tide was outgoing, light wind. Nothing, not even a bite the whole trip. Did anybody fish inside Jones Inlet yesterday ? Bay was pretty crowded with boats , plenty of shore fishermen, didn't see one fish caught the whole day. No sea robins, no nothing. I fished Jones Beach Pier to the Meadowbrook, Swift Creek South of the Bridge, Jones Inlet both sides . Not even a sea robin ! I hope we have good Meadowbrook Bridge fluking we had last year. Fluke fishing doesn't look good this year.
Next time try the East side of the Wantagh Pkwy, gotta Jig them tho.

Next time try the East side of the Wantagh Pkwy, gotta Jig them tho.
I went under the 2nd Wantagh and saw some boats North of there. I fished there about 2 weeks ago and nothing. Yesterday I jigged with bucktails. I also saw a bunch of boats hugging the shoreline a little west of Wantaugh Park over by Levy Preserve Pier. Might try there next time. I saw those boats going out , but I wanted to see if the Meadowbrook was good on the East side like last year. Frustrating Fluke year for me.Thanks for the tip.

Reactions: Hunter704
Not alone. Although I ditched the motorboat and just kayak fish and surfcast now, I stay in touch with a trusted friend and neighbor. But for a tiny fluke, I was skunked off the yak Friday (again) but he and two others only managed a few fluke, one keeper, and these guys are true sharpies. (They only fish the ocean in the fall, staying in the backbay and out to JI otherwise.)

Reactions: Hunter704

Fishing Reports

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danon8855