Oakland Lake and Kissena park

Area: Freshwater

Bassmaster

Well-Known Angler
May 7, 2019
Today I went fishing at Oakland lake and I caught nothing. Water is frigid. Was a Beautiful day out. I used bread lures and not a bite. Was trying for pickerel and crappie. I won't be going to oakland until the spring. Rest of the winter I will be going to kissena park fishing. I will keep this thread open for the winter and if I go on the ocean eagle I will do another thread. Weather permitting going this Friday to kissena park. Tight lines

Reactions: MOJOE and Chevy1

Chevy1

Staff member
Dec 28, 2018
Islip
Today I went fishing at Oakland lake and I caught nothing. Water is frigid. Was a Beautiful day out. I used bread lures and not a bite. Was trying for pickerel and crappie. I won't be going to oakland until the spring. Rest of the winter I will be going to kissena park fishing. I will keep this thread open for the winter and if I go on the ocean eagle I will do another thread. Weather permitting going this Friday to kissena park. Tight lines
The only thing you catch with bread is carp and catfish, neither are really feeding at this time. Try a drop shot with a worm and I am sure you will catch a bass or two , and maybe a crappie too

Bassmaster

Well-Known Angler
May 7, 2019
The only thing you catch with bread is carp and catfish, neither are really feeding at this time. Try a drop shot with a worm and I am sure you will catch a bass or two , and maybe a crappie too
The bait shop I go to doesn't have worms. Sunnies will bite bread but I have better luck with Worms. Also tried crankbaits crappie jigs. Not sure If pickerel bite in cold water

Reactions: MOJOE

Chevy1

Staff member
Dec 28, 2018
Islip
The bait shop I go to doesn't have worms. Sunnies will bite bread but I have better luck with Worms. Also tried crankbaits crappie jigs. Not sure If pickerel bite in cold water
Try artificial worms, the smallest you can find. 2-3 inch work great. Pumpkinseed is a great color

Reactions: MOJOE

Bassmaster

Well-Known Angler
May 7, 2019
Today I went fishing at kissena park and once again I caught nothing. I was only there a short time it started raining here and I went for lunch and tried for a little while once I finished. I did see swirls today and I saw a fish go after my lure. The water was murky after the rain yesterday. I went to the bait shop and they are not getting worms till April. I have to find a place that sells worms. I might go again tomorrow. Tight lines.

Bassmaster

Well-Known Angler
May 7, 2019
I went to fisherman depot in queens and they have worms . I am heading to kissena park now for an hour or so to see if I can catch a bass or a crappie. If I catch something I will post if not then I won't

Reactions: Chevy1 and MOJOE

Fishing Reports

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rocco23