Photos - Your Chariot - Your Ride

pequa1

Staff member
Dec 23, 2018
, it should be obvious
kind of obvious I guess, but I also have a "bought new" 1999 Sea Pro DC180..... Hard to take pictures of it when you're in it...

(and yes, the Phoenix 140 is still for sale, lol.)

Last edited:

wader

Well-Known Angler
Dec 22, 2018
Onancock, Virginia
Why is it for sale?

As I said to Dom recently:
I've wanted a boat for like 25 years. Reached 65 & figured now or never. Should have been never. Hd I remained in NY I would probably not be selling it.

I've never operated a boat before.
I don't know the waters at all.
Don't know where the fish are to be found.
Don't know where I can go & where i shouldn't.
By the time I figure that all out - I'll be in my 70's.

Took the required VA boating course.
Set sail in what appeared to be a well marked channel.
It took a little turn & the water level went from 24 to 15 to 6 to 2 & I was hitting bottom in seconds.

All of the above began to make me too nervous to enjoy her.

She is literally & figuratively turn key. Spent around $4000 fixing & updating anything that needed fixing & update.

Like I said - if I had remained on LI - I've been on enough of my friends boats to know where to go - where to fish - where not to go. I'd be keeping her.

Engine only has 432 hours on her. She's still winterize from the winter of 2018 - never got into the water this year even though I paid for a full years rental at the local marina ($1200).

Know anyone looking for a boat? Just want to get back what paid for. The $4000 in upgrades - well - I guess that's the price I pay for jumping into something when I shouldn't have.

Larry

Reactions: MakoMatt

pequa1

Staff member
Dec 23, 2018
, it should be obvious
As I said to Dom recently:
I've wanted a boat for like 25 years. Reached 65 & figured now or never. Should have been never. Hd I remained in NY I would probably not be selling it.

I've never operated a boat before.
I don't know the waters at all.
Don't know where the fish are to be found.
Don't know where I can go & where i shouldn't.
By the time I figure that all out - I'll be in my 70's.

Took the required VA boating course.
Set sail in what appeared to be a well marked channel.
It took a little turn & the water level went from 24 to 15 to 6 to 2 & I was hitting bottom in seconds.

All of the above began to make me too nervous to enjoy her.

She is literally & figuratively turn key. Spent around $4000 fixing & updating anything that needed fixing & update.

Like I said - if I had remained on LI - I've been on enough of my friends boats to know where to go - where to fish - where not to go. I'd be keeping her.

Engine only has 432 hours on her. She's still winterize from the winter of 2018 - never got into the water this year even though I paid for a full years rental at the local marina ($1200).

Know anyone looking for a boat? Just want to get back what paid for. The $4000 in upgrades - well - I guess that's the price I pay for jumping into something when I shouldn't have.

Larry
So, I've got this canoe...

Reactions: wader

wader

Well-Known Angler
Dec 22, 2018
Onancock, Virginia
:D:D

did the canoe thing on the Nissequogue for about 10 years............

No way I'd take a canoe out into the Chesapeake - have you actually seen the size of it? The bridge you cross to reach the mainland is over 20 miles long & that's the narrow part.

1546969635874.png

Last edited:

wader

Well-Known Angler
Dec 22, 2018
Onancock, Virginia
George - do you moor that in the River just past that defunct deli? I've seen a blue hulled (or rather I used to see) boat moored back there.

george

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2018
Commack NY
www.nyangler.com
It's in a slip at the state marina. I need a tender or rowboat to get to it. They're going to be spending millions back there in a plan to move DEC marine division HQ there. The target to start is 2020. There are a few boats moored back there but for decades there were lobster boats in there. Kinda sad.

Members online

No members online now.

Fishing Reports

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nisa1823