Porgy Trip - 7/27 & 7/28 - Rye, NY

Area: Western Sound

alexg425

New Angler
Aug 3, 2020
Launched out of rye playland for porgies last week Thursday & Friday- both days were calm and beautiful. Thursday I fished the end of the incoming, focused up shallow 10-20 feet along the jetties, ended up with some very small porgies and a puffer fish. Lots of guys on the pier and around the jetties were pulling up puffers. I went out the next day determined to bring home some dinner. I went out at the end of the outgoing, through low tide and at the beginning of the incoming. I switched up to fishing the deeper parts of reefs and submerged rocks from 25-40 ft. Got two decent porgies off buoy 32A down deep. The bite was very slow. A city island party boat pulled up and they were catching some but not many so they pulled out after about 15-30 minutes. I jumped around a bit and got one smaller 10 inch porgy off a rock down about 25' nearby. Very unusual for this time of year, usually they are up shallow. Hoping it improves as we go into september. another kayaker pulled some short fluke off the top of the reef on friday as well on asian crabs. Might have to try and go after some of those puffers, I hear they are delicious!

MOJOE

Staff member
Dec 29, 2018
thanks for posting your report,,keep them comming,, and yes those blowfish are yum yum,, go catch a bunch 8-),,, ><)))):>
><)))):>

Reactions: FredAZaiter

Staff online

Members online

Fishing Reports

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamesjcurryjr