Post your 2019/2020 Fluke Pix & Trip Reports Here!

Leprechaun

Kind of a Big Deal - In My Mind Anyway
Staff member
Dec 19, 2018
40 26.470/73 32.350
O.K., I'll start - sort of. I'm still on the hard, cursed with lousy weather nearly every single day I can shake free to finish my Spring prep. All mechanical/electrical work is completed (no small task) and the bottom is finally properly painted. But its kind of difficult to compound and wax in the near-constant weekend washouts we've been having. Still, I'm making progress, albeit slowly.

In the meantime, here's my best of 2018, at 7lbs 4oz:

NYSharpie

New Angler
Dec 20, 2018
Looking good Cap! She’s all ready to slay the fluke! Here’s to a safe, fun and prosperous season!!!

MakoMatt

Staff member
Dec 21, 2018
Boat looks good Pete. How many hours on the motor now, and what year did you re-power?

Leprechaun

Staff member
Dec 19, 2018
40 26.470/73 32.350
Thanks all! Re-powered her myself in 2004 with a complete PCM 5.8 H/O FWC motor. Though the gauge shows +-1500hrs now, its really not that number, as one Winter whilst working on her I accidentally left the ignition key in the "On" position for a couple of weeks of cold weather. This had the time gauge spinning, without her running. My bad. So anyway, with this in mind I would think there's about 1200 or so on the "new" engine. Eh, age is just a number, right? :rolleyes:

She still runs strong as all get out.

One of this season's many interior upgrades:

• Haha
Reactions: kenscot and george

NYSharpie

New Angler
Dec 20, 2018
What's up everyone? Feel like it has been a while since I posted; work and life has been pretty busy! Anyway, felt good to get out yesterday for a combo trip with Eddie (Saavy). Decided to get an early start and make it a combo, chunking bass and fluke trip inside J-Bay. Bait was real easy to come by, not the same for the bass. Managed to land 1 decent bass, a mess of bluefish, and then we switched to fluke. Moon had the tide in the bay really ripping. Picked a few fish around Marine Parkway bridge area, one being around 5 pounds. Water is still pretty chilly at 56 degrees inside the bay. Hopefully things heat up soon!

Here’s a quick vid of the action:

Frank

MOJOE

Staff member
Dec 29, 2018
What's up everyone? Feel like it has been a while since I posted; work and life has been pretty busy! Anyway, felt good to get out yesterday for a combo trip with Eddie (Saavy). Decided to get an early start and make it a combo, chunking bass and fluke trip inside J-Bay. Bait was real easy to come by, not the same for the bass. Managed to land 1 decent bass, a mess of bluefish, and then we switched to fluke. Moon had the tide in the bay really ripping. Picked a few fish around Marine Parkway bridge area, one being around 5 pounds. Water is still pretty chilly at 56 degrees inside the bay. Hopefully things heat up soon!

Frank
frank thank you for the report for jamaica bay,, great you got out for a while,, hi saavy,, guys stay well ,, ba safe,, catch them up,, (y) ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ><))):>
><))):>

Leprechaun

Staff member
Dec 19, 2018
40 26.470/73 32.350
I haven’t tried yet. Busy with house and yard work, now that I have the old girl spiffed and floating. We’ll give it a good shot on the coming Holiday weekend.

So far the reports local to me sound truly awful - maybe the coming week will feature some warmer temps to get them motivated. Or me motivated to go looking. Either/or, LOL!

george

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2018
Commack NY
www.nyangler.com
You have a point Lep. I had one flurry working hard short drifting that produced. Plenty of small sand eels around and Robbins, but that traditional first wave of big fish are two weeks late now.Water temps in the sound are still hovering around 53-54 degrees. I'm expecting to see bluefish arrive this week after this moon, as we haven’t seen one.

NYSharpie

New Angler
Dec 20, 2018
frank thank you for the report for jamaica bay,, great you got out for a while,, hi saavy,, guys stay well ,, ba safe,, catch them up,, (y) ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ><))):>
Hi Joe! Good to hear from you! Looking forward to seeing you and Maureen out there this spring and summer! Here's to a fun and safe fishing season.

Frank

Reactions: george

MOJOE

Staff member
Dec 29, 2018
Hi Joe! Good to hear from you! Looking forward to seeing you and Maureen out there this spring and summer! Here's to a fun and safe fishing season.

Frank
cant wait we will see you and the crew soon,, next weekend we will be at our fla home for 2 weeks,, like you video,, keep them comming,,, JBayRoyal maureen says hi,,,, ><))):>

Koz

Angler
Dec 26, 2018
pssst.....

First wave came through on Saturday. ;)

Fished locally, avoided any resemblance of a fleet I saw. I fished away from all boats and was rewarded.

My first keeper was 22". The second was 25.5" and very fat. He weighed in at 6.2 pounds. His little brother was 5 pounds.

All GULP!, all the time!

Attachments

Reactions: flounderjoe

Staff online

Members online

Fishing Reports

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hoppkorv