Post your 2019-2022 Fluke Pix & Trip Reports Here!

Bucktail II

Angler
Jul 9, 2021
Fished Saturday with my faithful crew Dan and John. Left the dock at 7am and headed to the deep to see if the fluke were still there. The ocean was a bit cranky....forecasted 2' was 3'-5' with a stiff east wind 10-15. Took our time and started fishing around 8:15 or so. 4-6oz bucktails were needed to stay close without streaming too far away. Had life on the first drift with a few shorts and a 19" keeper. It was just a pick all day as all the fish were bunched in small lines in various spots. The drift was never the same all day. We ended the day with 8 keepers in the box to 24.5" (Dan had the hot hand today), a few short seabass, 1 false albi.....(ate the teaser on the way down) and about 40 shorts. The ocean got nicer as the day went along and it was a nice ride back to the dock.

Attachments

• 9-17-22 Fluke.jpg
    9-17-22 Fluke.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 5

Snapprhead27

Well-Known Angler
May 21, 2020
Islip
Decided to hit up Captree this morning since I had some time to kill. Jumped on board a 7am boat. Capt said the bites been good in the bay and all the boats were working it. I ended up having 3 keepers and 4 shorts. I donated 4 bucktails and 3 teasers to the GSB 😩😩.. After that I switched over to my Grappler setup and tossed a nuclear chicken jig head with Gulp! and that's where I landed #2 and 3 on. 8 fares on the boat, 13 keepers.

hartattack

Angler
Dec 22, 2018
Central Joisey
Fluke season here in NJ ends on Tuesday. My buddy found a window for us to get out on Wed.. our logs from last few seasons pointed us off shore to The Farms, a known staging area. The 90 foot depths worked well and we repeated short drifts there for a quick 4 man limit. Nothing huge but even the NJ slot fluke were fatties.
2022 was a good fluke season for NJ, there were times we had to throw back 18" overs looking for smaller 17-18" slots. I know my party boat captain friends loved the new regs, it definitely went over well for families and kids who now could keep/cook their catch !!

Fishing Reports

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ccny73