Proposed regulation aims to prevent boats from hitting endangered right whales

captmike28

Angler
Dec 21, 2018
Southold, NY
www.captainstablecharters.com
Yet another attempt by our lousy government to take away our right to try and relieve some of the enormous stress they contribute to all of our lives.
Time to take the pen out of Biden's hand and steal his walker!! :devilish:

I will personally volunteer to throw both of those tools of destruction overboard in my home waters as part of a new artificial reef I am starting!!!!!!!:ROFLMAO:

Roccus7

Staff member
Dec 22, 2018
Midcoast Maine
Apparently there is precedent here, as they have this on the west coast to protect migrating Grey Whales. That's doesn't bode well for any legal challenges.

Look for a major increase of 34', quad outboard boats out at the Canyons...

• Wow
Reactions: captmike28

WhatKnot

Well-Known Angler
May 18, 2019
Astoria
Hugelmeyer pointed out that the figures NOAA used to calculate the risk of whale strike incorrectly assumed that all boats over 35 feet have a draft of 30 feet: "This is a great example of the massive errors that are in this proposed rule."

george

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2018
Commack NY
www.nyangler.com
I just don't see it happening. It will basically eliminate offshore fishing and the business it supports. I'm curious where this group trying to save the whales are being their clean energy friends will be pounding over 3000 windmills in the ground right along their migratory path. Where is that outrage?

In all my years - 35 in the sportfishing fishing arena, I can't recall a single time I've heard of a charter boat hitting a right whale.

Reactions: Hunter704

Fishing Reports

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rocco23