Rockaway Inlet Stripers

Area: New York Bight

Flukemaster19

New Angler
May 17, 2020
With the season winding down to an end, I decided to make one last trip to fish live eels with the full moon. Myself and three others left the dock at slack tide and got there at the start of the outgoing. We had been doing very well with lots of short bass the previous couple of trips, so we expected the action to continue this time around. It was slower than we anticipated, but once the tide started running we started picking up a fish every drift or two. We boated probably about 15-20 in about 3 hours, all short fish from 23"-27" with one keeper 28"

Highlight of the night was as we were drifting over a rockpile, all four of us hooked up and it was pandemonium with the net, as I picked up my keeper that drift and a friend of mine lost a nice fish as it spit the hook at the boat. All in all it was a pretty good way to end my bass season, as I'll probably be pulling up the boat sometime soon.

IMG_0327.jpg

BennyV

Staff member
Dec 21, 2018
City Island, The Bronx
With the season winding down to an end, I decided to make one last trip to fish live eels with the full moon. Myself and three others left the dock at slack tide and got there at the start of the outgoing. We had been doing very well with lots of short bass the previous couple of trips, so we expected the action to continue this time around. It was slower than we anticipated, but once the tide started running we started picking up a fish every drift or two. We boated probably about 15-20 in about 3 hours, all short fish from 23"-27" with one keeper 28"

Highlight of the night was as we were drifting over a rockpile, all four of us hooked up and it was pandemonium with the net, as I picked up my keeper that drift and a friend of mine lost a nice fish as it spit the hook at the boat. All in all it was a pretty good way to end my bass season, as I'll probably be pulling up the boat sometime soon.

View attachment 27607
Great report!

Reactions: mcatalano

longcast

Angler
Mar 7, 2019
Sounds like a great night! Thanks for sharing. It will help you get through the winter ending like that!!

live bait

Angler
Dec 20, 2018
Great report & way to end the season, don't forget to look at that picture on a snow day.
John

Reactions: Chevy1

Members online

Fishing Reports

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elrockk