Sea Isle Tackle in Freeport is closing

george

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2018
Commack NY
www.nyangler.com
Word has it that Sea Isle Tackle has been sold to the owners of Capitol Fishing Table in Manhattan. The owners of Sea Isle, were huge supporters of Noreast Saltwater. They ran an ad in every issue we published and I wish them the best. Their custom rods have been sold around the world.

It does look as though it will become another location of Capitol Fishing Tackle.

pequa1

Staff member
Dec 23, 2018
, it should be obvious
Still remember grabbing as many stainless rod guides as I could for some set price... When my buddy's custom rod from them snapped in half after accidentally finding its way into my livewell which of course was open, they replaced it free. My would have been father in law (predeceased our wedding) worked there part time in the 60s or 70s.

CELLFISH

Well-Known Angler
Jan 14, 2019
I bought from capital a few times inda past, at 23st and wen they moved to 38street, they’re well stocked… i spoke wit the partner a few weeks back and everything was clearing out and gave me the heads up they were moving to Freeport… Tourists, he said was best income for his biz, but not so much now… surely everybody will be ok… 🇺🇸🐟🇺🇸👍

Reactions: MOJOE and WhatKnot

johnachak

New Angler
Nov 27, 2020
I bought from capital a few times inda past, at 23st and wen they moved to 38street, they’re well stocked… i spoke wit the partner a few weeks back and everything was clearing out and gave me the heads up they were moving to Freeport… Tourists, he said was best income for his biz, but not so much now… surely everybody will be ok… 🇺🇸🐟🇺🇸👍
I dealt with Capital on 23rd street a lot. I'm happy to see they are taking it over and its not just becoming a taco joint!

Pangaroo

Angler
Jan 15, 2021
The son worked there many years, I'd say he's around 50 or so. Maybe they both retired full time. . I went into that store a lot to buy bait on the way to TOH Guy Lombardo Marina . I hope it's like Capital in Manhatten. I went to that store several times and bought some nice rods. Nice, but we need a Bass Pro Shop at the Nassau Coliseum. I hope the anti gunners aren't blocking them.

CELLFISH

Well-Known Angler
Jan 14, 2019
I dealt with Capital on 23rd street a lot. I'm happy to see they are taking it over and its not just becoming a taco joint!
Yeah, Capital was a oasis/escape for office workers who needed to get away for a lunchtime break… cellfish…

Reactions: george

CELLFISH

Well-Known Angler
Jan 14, 2019
The son worked there many years, I'd say he's around 50 or so. Maybe they both retired full time. . I went into that store a lot to buy bait on the way to TOH Guy Lombardo Marina . I hope it's like Capital in Manhatten. I went to that store several times and bought some nice rods. Nice, but we need a Bass Pro Shop at the Nassau Coliseum. I hope the anti gunners aren't blocking them.

No Bass Pro, it will cut away from the established smaller shops… ain’t nutin ya get online… cellfish…

justpassinthru

New Angler
Dec 21, 2018
Jones Outlet
First Woodcleft Fishing Station and now Sea Isle. At least they are staying a fishing tackle business. I got the components for the first rod I built at Sea Isle about 1977. I'll miss that place.
What happened to Woodcleft Fishing Station? Last year it was there and this year it's gone. Is Ritchie still living up on the second floor?

justpassinthru

New Angler
Dec 21, 2018
Jones Outlet
First Woodcleft Fishing Station and now Sea Isle. At least they are staying a fishing tackle business. I got the components for the first rod I built at Sea Isle about 1977. I'll miss that place.
What happened to Woodcleft Fishing Station? One year it's there and the next year it's gone. Is Richie still living up on the second floor? I've ben dealing with him since the 80's.

Fishinatik

New Angler
Feb 28, 2020
Word has it that Sea Isle Tackle has been sold to the owners of Capitol Fishing Table in Manhattan. The owners of Sea Isle, were huge supporters of Noreast Saltwater. They ran an ad in every issue we published and I wish them the best. Their custom rods have been sold around the world.

It does look as though it will become another location of Capitol Fishing Tackle.
It is true I was down at the new Hudson point gas dock / fishing station. The owners of capitol tackle and the capitol princess own that station also. They personally told me of the take over of sea isle and the closing of the store in Manhattan. The owner was a good friend of my dads boss and he remembered them both from 30 years ago. They are all set to send all the stock from the city store here to the sea isle location. They are also making Hudson point a new must use fishing station for north Freeport area fishermen. It’s taking a while to get new orders in but both stores are set to be big time assets to us in the Freeport area. As of now the fishing statio has a new digital certified scale and a dial scale also certified for big game so you can weigh in anything. The gas dock is one of the largest I’ve seen and can ha die three to five boats at a time. If they work on the parking lot that would help land visitors to the station.

Fishinatik

New Angler
Feb 28, 2020
R
What happened to Woodcleft Fishing Station? One year it's there and the next year it's gone. Is Richie still living up on the second floor? I've ben dealing with him since the 80's.
Richie finally decided to retire with age and health a consideration. The property was sold to make room for the hotel that’s now attached to tropix and the plans eventually call for some more waterfront dining and docking I believe unless plans have changed. Last year they asked Richie to stay on another year while they got things rolling. Richie will be missed !

Chinacat

Well-Known Angler
Dec 20, 2018
No Bass Pro, it will cut away from the established smaller shops… ain’t nutin ya get online… cellfish…
I agree 1000%!!!
I'd much rather support the smaller independent local folks.
There are plenty of Bass Pro's and Cabelas's within a couple of hours drive for anybody inclined to go there....

Snapprhead27

Well-Known Angler
May 21, 2020
Islip
R

Richie finally decided to retire with age and health a consideration. The property was sold to make room for the hotel that’s now attached to tropix and the plans eventually call for some more waterfront dining and docking I believe unless plans have changed. Last year they asked Richie to stay on another year while they got things rolling. Richie will be missed !
I had heard he passed couple days ago.

Fishing Reports

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrT