Searching.....

Area: Moriches

longcast

Angler
Mar 7, 2019
Spent some time with a very good friend last night poking around the area listed and further east. Did more driving than fishing, but it was good to catch up. Windy as the night wore on with a sprinkle, but no fish. Was a bit surprised, but most places I stopped the tide was not ideal. Water was very high, and noted bunker in every area. The problem was the amount of dead /dying in every location. I am hearing its a virus but seems to be spread over a large area. Folks that we came upon had zero to report. A few areas were stuffed with trucks, so I imagine something happened 12 hours prior, as they were not fishing or not fishing with any enthusiasm. Good luck all!

longcast

Angler
Mar 7, 2019
Oh, mostly threw bucktails, small plastics. Needed to up the weight a bit as the tide was ripping and in some places it was wind and tide. Control and presentation was difficult in a few places.

Reactions: wader and MOJOE

blazetoy

New Angler
Apr 17, 2021
Spent some time with a very good friend last night poking around the area listed and further east. Did more driving than fishing, but it was good to catch up. Windy as the night wore on with a sprinkle, but no fish. Was a bit surprised, but most places I stopped the tide was not ideal. Water was very high, and noted bunker in every area. The problem was the amount of dead /dying in every location. I am hearing its a virus but seems to be spread over a large area. Folks that we came upon had zero to report. A few areas were stuffed with trucks, so I imagine something happened 12 hours prior, as they were not fishing or not fishing with any enthusiasm. Good luck all!
That Sucks, better luck next time!

Members online

No members online now.

Fishing Reports

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James