Shinnecock canal and kissena park

Area: Shinnecock

Bassmaster

Well-Known Angler
May 7, 2019
Two day report. Tuesday went to the shinnecock canal. I had one porgie and my dad had a short fluke a porgie and a sea robin. Traffic was murder going out we got to exit 64 on route 27 at 6:37 and didn’t start fishing until 8:10. Yesterday went fishing at kissena and I had a catfish and two bluegill on bread. I use big hooks trying for carp and bass but I didn’t see any. I did try lures for crappie and bass but no hits. If this rain ends will try crocheron for Carp today. Will post pics if I go. Looking forward to Bowne park opening up lots of big carp in there. Might go to the canal on Saturday see what happens.

Bassmaster

Well-Known Angler
May 7, 2019
No fishing today or Sunday. Going to the canal tomorrow. Using clams shrimp bucktails and gulp. Might use my Diamond jig if I see blues or stripers in there

Reactions: OVERBORED and MOJOE

OVERBORED

Well-Known Angler
Jan 6, 2021
You bring back great memories for me!
As a kid, dad and I would fish the canal starting in February around president day (circa late 1979-80). Even in the snow we would catch a few. We went back later in May for weakfish.
Always got bait in Queens because Alkenkirch (something like that)was expensive.lol

Love the reports. Thanks 👍

Reactions: Bassmaster

Bassmaster

Well-Known Angler
May 7, 2019
Went carp fishing on Saturday. Had 4 carp I had a huge carp but he went into the pads and I got hung up and I pulled the hook out of his mouth. Was going today but rain is in the forecast will go to crocheron tomorrow and Wednesday for carp.

Bassmaster

Well-Known Angler
May 7, 2019
Went to crocheron park yesterday and today. Fishing was tough. Had one yesterday and one today. Carp. Might go to kissena or Oakland lake on friday depends on the weather and going on the miss Montauk on Sunday.

Reactions: MOJOE

Bassmaster

Well-Known Angler
May 7, 2019
The 3 of us are going to Montauk tomorrow. We changed it from today. Picking up my sister at 4am boat leaves at 7am and fishing till 4pm. Going to salivars to eat dinner and come home after dinner. Will post pics when I have reception.

• Love
Reactions: Chevy1 and MOJOE

captmike28

Angler
Dec 21, 2018
Southold, NY
www.captainstablecharters.com
Went carp fishing on Saturday. Had 4 carp I had a huge carp but he went into the pads and I got hung up and I pulled the hook out of his mouth. Was going today but rain is in the forecast will go to crocheron tomorrow and Wednesday for carp.
It's been many decades since I fished these same lakes, so I am curious, Bassmaster.
Are doughballs still the preferred bait for Carp?

Reactions: Chevy1

Members online

Fishing Reports

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motherfluker