Skunk again

Area: Mid Sound

Daves41

New Angler
Oct 7, 2019
Took the boat out of central north shore for a couple hours last night hoping for a skinny water bass or two. Nice night, no wind but also no fish. Guessing they are still in quarantine. Have only been able to get out one other night this year. Also no bass then either. Used to be sure of a few schoolies at least. The times they are a changin.

MOJOE

Staff member
Dec 29, 2018
Took the boat out of central north shore for a couple hours last night hoping for a skinny water bass or two. Nice night, no wind but also no fish. Guessing they are still in quarantine. Have only been able to get out one other night this year. Also no bass then either. Used to be sure of a few schoolies at least. The times they are a changin.
keep on plugging,,, thanks for the report,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ><))):>
><)))):>

PeterP

New Angler
May 6, 2020
Where did you go? I can tell you that the south rip of the middle grounds during outgoing have been producing bass and blues. Look for the birds and try using small metal jigs to match the bait. Also saw some guys yesterday pull up some nice keepers trolling tubes in that area and drifting eels.

Daves41

New Angler
Oct 7, 2019
Inside StonyBrook Harbor. Used to do OK there. Mostly all schoolies but that is just fine with me. Tried clams, squid and switched up a bunch of plugs. A variety that in the past would seldom leave me with no fish. Oh well, still beats work.

Reactions: PeterP

george

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2018
Commack NY
www.nyangler.com
There are fish there, but they are tide dependent. Try an outgoing tide with sandworms and cast them and drift. I use 8 pound test tied direct to the hook. You will catch.

Daves41

New Angler
Oct 7, 2019
Thanks George. You are very right about the tide. Last night was the incoming. Have always done better on the outgoing, but have also had some great nights on the incoming. Appreciate the advice and all you do on this site. Be well.

Reactions: george

george

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2018
Commack NY
www.nyangler.com
Thanks George. You are very right about the tide. Last night was the incoming. Have always done better on the outgoing, but have also had some great nights on the incoming. Appreciate the advice and all you do on this site. Be well.
I find incoming and outgoing both do well in the spring and fall. But for some reason when the waters warm I like that outgoing. Thanks for the kind words and for using the site.

Bachala

New Angler
May 14, 2019
Colleague of mine was on a private boat in the LIS this weekend and asked me what kind of fish they caught. Proceeds to show me his cell phone. Expecting to see a picture of a kingfish, oyster toadfish or stargazer. Was surprised to see a picture of him holding a large black drum. I asked where they were fishing and my colleague says in broken english "I don't know." he got off exit 46 or 48 on the LIE. I'm guessing they sailed from Huntington.

Staff online

Members online

Fishing Reports

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamesjcurryjr