Smithtown Bay and more

Area: Mid Sound

george

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2018
Commack NY
www.nyangler.com
When I checked the weather it looked like it was a bit nasty. I Facetime my friend Steve only to find him in mid sound outside of Oyster Bay, cranking in a bass. He saw blues on bunker, then snagged a few and sent them out. When he lipped it and brought it aboard, I was like "I'll see you out there". It looked pretty nice there so I packed up and headed down to the marina. I get out and quickly realize my first instinct was correct, it was blowing!

I set up in front of the first pavilion at Sunken Meadow and immediately get a 19 inch keeper and then another. I was fishing for about 10 minutes. After another hour or so all shorts and a steady 15-20 kt SW wind that was killing my drift.

I cruised around looking for bunker but it was just to sloppy so I headed in.

Chevy1

Staff member
Dec 28, 2018
Islip
When I checked the weather it looked like it was a bit nasty. I Facetime my friend Steve only to find him in mid sound outside of Oyster Bay, cranking in a bass. He saw blues on bunker, then snagged a few and sent them out. When he lipped it and brought it aboard, I was like "I'll see you out there". It looked pretty nice there so I packed up and headed down to the marina. I get out and quickly realize my first instinct was correct, it was blowing!

I set up in front of the first pavilion at Sunken Meadow and immediately get a 19 inch keeper and then another. I was fishing for about 10 minutes. After another hour or so all shorts and a steady 15-20 kt SW wind that was killing my drift.

I cruised around looking for bunker but it was just to sloppy so I headed in.
At least you tried and brought home some fillets 👍🏻

Reactions: george

Members online

Fishing Reports

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motherfluker