So, I just happened to be at the boat launch Today.

Haven't been on the water in 2 weeks with the rain, wind and hurricane's, so i decided to take a ride down to the Milford boat launch, there's always something going on and sometimes your rewarded with some real comical chit.
Today a guy is pulling his brand new Fountain 34SC out of the water, nice boat, walked over and started talking to the guy, just bought it a month ago, it has 3 of the new 600 hp Mercs on it.
I'm like damn, 1800 hp, the guy says it will do over 80 mph, I believe him, don't know why but yea, I believe it. He's having it hauled to Florida.
Got one pic before he took off.20210913_135658.jpg

Roccus7

Staff member
Dec 22, 2018
Midcoast Maine
Haven't been on the water in 2 weeks with the rain, wind and hurricane's, so i decided to take a ride down to the Milford boat launch, there's always something going on and sometimes your rewarded with some real comical chit.
Today a guy is pulling his brand new Fountain 34SC out of the water, nice boat, walked over and started talking to the guy, just bought it a month ago, it has 3 of the new 600 hp Mercs on it.
I'm like damn, 1800 hp, the guy says it will do over 80 mph, I believe him, don't know why but yea, I believe it. He's having it hauled to Florida.
Got one pic before he took off.
Pretty soon we'll be reading his obituary...

TonySmjc

Well-Known Angler
Jan 25, 2020
Highland beach fla at least in my mind
Let's hope he doesn't take anyone with him.
Back to my old saying "More money than brains" Unless your are engaged in professional racing, there is no need to do 80mph on the water.
No one says you gotta run it at 80
But damn it would be nice to have the ability to be out in front of the weather and home from the deep in 1.5 hours

Got one pic before he took off.View attachment 38254
Just a side note: those engines have dual props, the bottom of the lower unit moves not the entire engine. at 80k for ea. engine, like George said, I wish it was mine,

Reactions: MOJOE

Roccus7

Staff member
Dec 22, 2018
Midcoast Maine
Just a side note: those engines have dual props, the bottom of the lower unit moves not the entire engine. at 80k for ea. engine, like George said, I wish it was mine,
Honestly, you couldn't give me that boat, but I'm someone who looks at every boat for its potential as a fishing platform.

The only "F" activity that boat can handle is the other, "Sin or Swim", "F" activity...

Reactions: MOJOE

Bobbysea

New Angler
Oct 28, 2020
If you ran to West Atlantis on a f.a.c. day in an hour and 45 minutes from Niantic you'd appreciate what 70 m.p.h. does. Just need a spotter, preferably someone who doesn't wear glasses, lol

• Haha
Reactions: george

Bobbysea

New Angler
Oct 28, 2020
How much fuel are you going to burn doing 70 mph for 1.5 hours??

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
If I told you we burned 220 gals there and back with 8 hours of trolling and running and gunning you wouldn't believe me. This was a 36' Yellowfin with trip 275 Mercs. I didn't believe it either til we divided up the fuel cost.

george

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2018
Commack NY
www.nyangler.com
@Roccus7 While we really can't see how it's rigged, that thing is a Center Consol fishing machine. I've seen some technology with those engines having the ability to act as a spot lock. Admittingly it is more of a blend of a fishing and pleasure boat than I firsts thought.

1631726030750.png

TonySmjc

Well-Known Angler
Jan 25, 2020
Highland beach fla at least in my mind
With unlimited funds
I’d have a go fast 35 foot center console
A 21 foot mako or similar

I’d also have a 50 foot Wes mack
And a 75 viking
Along with a crew of men to service them
There’s a better than 50/50 shot I’d rarely use em
But I’d have em

options
You gotta have options

AllyKat

Angler
Dec 25, 2018
I I I I
I had the pleasure of an offshore trip aboard a 42 ft Freeman CC Cat with 4x400 hp Yammys out of Galveston TX.....there is something to be said when you can cruise comfortably at 40 mph in 3-5 waves with 10 people aboard. The ride back in a following sea was amazing.

Roccus7

Staff member
Dec 22, 2018
Midcoast Maine
@Roccus7 While we really can't see how it's rigged, that thing is a Center Consol fishing machine. I've seen some technology with those engines having the ability to act as a spot lock. Admittingly it is more of a blend of a fishing and pleasure boat than I firsts thought.

View attachment 38322
F boat, and that ain't Fishing. Seats across the transom?? Lounge in the bow without a proper casting platform?? Another boat you couldn't give me, but I'd like to meet the whole crew in the photo...

The demise of the walk through console boat also ended CCs as we knew and loved from most manufacturers, as they decided to make sure the Minister of Sociality and Finance was happy with the purchase. I bet it even has a carpeted deck, "Oh goodness, can't spill any bunker chum there!!"

Pangaroo

Angler
Jan 15, 2021
A 25 Foot Eduardono Panga with a 60 HP Suzuki is very economical. 7-9 miles per gallon going about 20 knots. Perfect boat for the bay, less than 10 miles out, inshore Montauk fishing. $10,000 for a Bare hull Boat, best boat deal around.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Fishing Reports

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BOBBYBB1949