Sound Transition

Area: Mid Sound

george

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2018
Commack NY
www.nyangler.com
I got out of the Nissequogue at around noon and caught the last of the incoming. I heard there were Spanish mackerel around. I should add it's the first time in over 35 years I've ever heard of anyone targeting them. So I hit my favorite pieces for the conditions and we find life. We get a few fluke in that area 1/4 inch shy. Then I get a keeper. As soon as we got to high tide the switch turned off.

We kept at it. Had a few more close ones but that was it. Notable was the tons of small bunker around. I figured I might find a Spanish bite with the tons of bait around. Never happened. I never do well after these super moons. I'm optomistic for the next few weeks with Albies.

wader

Well-Known Angler
Dec 22, 2018
Onancock, Virginia
I got out of the Nissequogue at around noon and caught the last of the incoming. I heard there were Spanish mackerel around. I should add it's the first time in over 35 years I've ever heard of anyone targeting them. So I hit my favorite pieces for the conditions and we find life. We get a few fluke in that area 1/4 inch shy. Then I get a keeper. As soon as we got to high tide the switch turned off.

We kept at it. Had a few more close ones but that was it. Notable was the tons of small bunker around. I figured I might find a Spanish bite with the tons of bait around. Never happened. I never do well after these super moons. I'm optomistic for the next few weeks with Albies.

any signs of life in the River George?

wader

Well-Known Angler
Dec 22, 2018
Onancock, Virginia
The guys trolling worms are telling me it's been inundated with porgies. Nothing worse than losing $15 a dozen worms to them. There is no doubt it's going to finish strong back there. The spring was great.

Use to get good results doing that for bass before the fishing collapsed 10 or 12 years ago,

i

Reactions: MOJOE

Fishing Reports

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ccny73