Southards Pond Question!

PreacherRon

New Angler
Jan 16, 2020
Question . . . Is there any way to get my car down to Southards Pond? I am somewhat disabled, 75 years old, and can't want long distances.

Chevy1

Staff member
Dec 28, 2018
Islip
Question . . . Is there any way to get my car down to Southards Pond? I am somewhat disabled, 75 years old, and can't want long distances.
No but you can park at the entrance on the south East side the walk is probably 100 yards

PreacherRon

New Angler
Jan 16, 2020
I have not fished that lake in a good 50 years. How is it? Productive? Besides bass and trout, any yellow perch or crappies?

pequa1

Staff member
Dec 23, 2018
, it should be obvious
Cany, Chevy- DEER Park Avenue is east of the pond. Google Earth Pro does not show any actual parking lot around the lake. Southard Lane off of Deer Park Ave does intersect with the SE corner of the pond. It appears that one parks in front of private residences to access the pond / park ? If coming from the west on sunrise, exit 40, a couple of blocks on the service road, than a right onto Deer Park Avenue southbound seems to be the way to get there.

PreacherRon

New Angler
Jan 16, 2020
Cany, Chevy- DEER Park Avenue is east of the pond. Google Earth Pro does not show any actual parking lot around the lake. Southard Lane off of Deer Park Ave does intersect with the SE corner of the pond. It appears that one parks in front of private residences to access the pond / park ? If coming from the west on sunrise, exit 40, a couple of blocks on the service road, than a right onto Deer Park Avenue southbound seems to be the way to get there.
Thanks

cany

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 20, 2018
NW of Moriches inlet
Old Deer park ave to Park then head West one of the blocks on the right run down to an entrance I forget the name I basically grew up going in that way

PreacherRon

New Angler
Jan 16, 2020
Old Deer park ave to Park then head West one of the blocks on the right run down to an entrance I forget the name I basically grew up going in that way
Thanks! How is the fishing there? Besides bass & trout, any perch and crappies?

flounderjoe

Angler
Mar 7, 2019
you park right in the street by the entrence the neighbors are cool with it never had a problem.The bass and trout fishing is ok dont know what happened to the pickeral there it used to be great now they are rare.Its not a bad walk bring a chair and there is a bench lakeside

PreacherRon

New Angler
Jan 16, 2020
you park right in the street by the entrence the neighbors are cool with it never had a problem.The bass and trout fishing is ok dont know what happened to the pickeral there it used to be great now they are rare.Its not a bad walk bring a chair and there is a bench lakeside
Thanks so much

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chefvin