PropellerJohnII

Staff member
Dec 21, 2018
LNB
Had a lucky day yesterday on the Superhawk out of Point Lookout . It was their first cod trip of the season. I shuffled through about 15 cod and managed 7 nice market cod keepers. The cod were tight to the bottom and those of us with our hooks set lower had best results. I tied only a 6 inch dropper with 50LB leader 18 inches above my sinker using a Gami 6/0 bait Baccala 1.jpgBaccala 2.jpgBaccala 3.jpgholder. No jelly worms or jewelry of any kind. Plain Jane all the way. I know it made all the difference in the world that the boat had fresh and unsalted clams. Thanks to the mates and especially Captain Steve Kearney who gave us the best chances for success. This boat is recommended. :)(y)(y)(y),

PropellerJohnII

Staff member
Dec 21, 2018
LNB
Forgot to thank Capt Richie for building my cod rod and the happy success on it's maiden trial for cod. It is an Atlantic Custom rod built on 7'4" UC AR751 blank. Terrific sensitivity with the balls to set the hook and easily lift all my baccala. Kudos to Capt Richie. (y) (y)

Roccus7

Staff member
Dec 22, 2018
Midcoast Maine
Is there a point you're trying to make with your reply? At least I catch fish year round. Stick to your candy girl posts. :mad:🤬
Sorry, didn't mean to ruffle your feathers, just not a fan of two types of photos, the "full arm extension" and the "hold the fish forward with the face close to the camera" both using perspective to their advantage.

Glad that you're out there catching and wish I could be out there during the winter, but they haul our docks at the end of October, so out comes the boat, and the party boats get hauled out soon there after. No herring fishing off docks here, only game in town is smelt fishing on from the ice.

Sure hope NOAA doesn't decide to impose coast wide restrictions on cod like we have up here. We get a 2 week season Sept 15 - 30 for 1 fish per day, @ 24"!!

Last edited:

Hunter704

New Angler
Jul 14, 2019
Had a lucky day yesterday on the Superhawk out of Point Lookout . It was their first cod trip of the season. I shuffled through about 15 cod and managed 7 nice market cod keepers. The cod were tight to the bottom and those of us with our hooks set lower had best results. I tied only a 6 inch dropper with 50LB leader 18 inches above my sinker using a Gami 6/0 bait View attachment 14387View attachment 14388View attachment 14389holder. No jelly worms or jewelry of any kind. Plain Jane all the way. I know it made all the difference in the world that the boat had fresh and unsalted clams. Thanks to the mates and especially Captain Steve Kearney who gave us the best chances for success. This boat is recommended. :)(y)(y)(y),

Reactions: eyeglassjoe

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chefvin