This is the behind the scenes updates to the site thread.

george

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2018
Commack NY
www.nyangler.com
As we grow the site I’ll keep us current with new updates and changes. I figure if it breaks something you can post it here.

Last night we:

Moved the site to a new server giving us unlimited ability to scale as we grow.
Set up new email system for better response time and emailing to members.
Employing an SSL Certificate to help secure the site. We sure don’t want to suffer any hacks like what happened at the other site.

george

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2018
Commack NY
www.nyangler.com
Today we added a Favicon. I'll explain it so Wader gets it It's the doohicky inside the watchamacallit on the thingy
We also added the logo
We did a lot of work on our Social Media pages - that may take a bit more time then I had hoped. But it will be soon.
We started the mockup of what is sure to be your go-to page every day during the fishing season. Chock full of features you would expect from the team that first introduced you to the web.
We also got some time into the top secret feature that will be available to our saltwater boat fishing members. I'd tell ya, but . . . .

Check back tomorrow for another update. That's right we work on Holidays!

Thanks so much to everyone that has shown their support. I will never forget it and I will not let you down.

Reactions: wader

cany

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 20, 2018
NW of Moriches inlet
Today we added a Favicon. I'll explain it so Wader gets it It's the doohicky inside the watchamacallit on the thingy
We also added the logo
We did a lot of work on our Social Media pages - that may take a bit more time then I had hoped. But it will be soon.
We started the mockup of what is sure to be your go-to page every day during the fishing season. Chock full of features you would expect from the team that first introduced you to the web.
We also got some time into the top secret feature that will be available to our saltwater boat fishing members. I'd tell ya, but . . . .

Thanks so much to everyone that has shown their support. I will never forget it and I will not let you down.

Jeesh You confused me now :cry::cry:

Jan 1, 2019
Wasted away in Margaritaville.
We also added the logo

Hi George, we just updated our fire wall to Fortinet Fortigate, not a fan but it's what we had to work with, as a network and email administrator, I am constantly going into out barracuda spam server and checking for compromised accounts and also updating the spam filters.
We are also transitioning over to office 365 and using Azure to remote Active directory and exchange clients.
You have to be very vigilant when it comes to intrusion, best of luck.

george

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2018
Commack NY
www.nyangler.com
Hi George, we just updated our fire wall to Fortinet Fortigate, not a fan but it's what we had to work with, as a network and email administrator, I am constantly going into out barracuda spam server and checking for compromised accounts and also updating the spam filters.
We are also transitioning over to office 365 and using Azure to remote Active directory and exchange clients.
You have to be very vigilant when it comes to intrusion, best of luck.
Most people on the web have no clue how hard it is to keep bad people from attacking a website. I've always made it a priority to be proactive with security.

Reactions: jpd

george

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2018
Commack NY
www.nyangler.com
Over the past few days:

We added new boards for Hunting and Guns - thanks Pequa1 for offering to moderate
We took a booth at the Ward Melville Show
Continued development on the fishing reports system

Reactions: jpd

george

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2018
Commack NY
www.nyangler.com
It was a toss-up and nothing we have to live with. My thinking was not every fishing on a boat. It's easily changed so let's see how that goes. I also don't like taking other websites ideas. When we roll out the new design there will be many added features and changes ahead.

Reactions: Chevy1

george

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2018
Commack NY
www.nyangler.com
Over the past few weeks, we, unfortunately, have been dealing with what our host believe are dos attacks. I am in the process now of moving to a new host that guarantees to be bulletproof. I have also managed some time to add a few more boards and backend features that our users are certain to find both helpful and unique.

There are many things happening at once as I now have a full development team on this project. This will start happening soon and we will be in full swing just in time for our traditional fishing season!

Thanks again to all of our founding members for getting us off to a great start!

Reactions: wader

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chefvin