Thread color suggestions for a pink blank.

0116211645.jpg
Applied some 2K auto paint on a BlackHole blank for my wife. Took her over 30 years of me to finally try fishing and she loved it.

Any suggestions for a color combo?
Any pink rods in your arsenal you can show here to give me some ideas?

I'm thinking, silver, light blue and maybe purple.

She had no preference.

Roccus7

Staff member
Dec 22, 2018
Midcoast Maine
View attachment 29944
Applied some 2K auto paint on a BlackHole blank for my wife. Took her over 30 years of me to finally try fishing and she loved it.

Any suggestions for a color combo?
Any pink rods in your arsenal you can show here to give me some ideas?

I'm thinking, silver, light blue and maybe purple.

She had no preference.
You are working with a disadvantage here Joe without any daughters and granddaughters. If you ask anyone with said credentials the answer is quite simple, the color pairing is Pink and Purple, although Rainbow colors on the threads would work for any girl under 10...

Reactions: DarthBaiter

chunkster

Well-Known Angler
Aug 6, 2020
Holographic or metallic inlays. With a red thread.
It's hard to say not knowing what reel is matched
to the rod.

Contrast is the difference in luminance or colour that makes an object distinguishable. In visual perception of the real world, contrast is determined by the difference in the colour and brightness of the object and other objects within the same field of view.

Pantone Measuring System (PMS)

Chuckster,I spend some time looking at house paint swatches at my local paint store to get some ideas sometimes.
I wonder if my Pantone swatch from over 20 years ago has faded or not, gonna go look for it.
For a graduate of an Artschool, color has never been my strong point. :(

Reactions: movetheboat

chunkster

Well-Known Angler
Aug 6, 2020
Chuckster,I spend some time looking at house paint swatches at my local paint store to get some ideas sometimes.
I wonder if my Pantone swatch from over 20 years ago has faded or not, gonna go look for it.
For a graduate of an Artschool, color has never been my strong point. :(
Stress and or age can cause astigmatism, a touch of color blindness. :)

chunkster

Well-Known Angler
Aug 6, 2020
thread reeling

chunkster

Well-Known Angler
Aug 6, 2020
I'm a sample maker.

Accent colors are colors that are used for emphasis in a color scheme. These colors can often be bold or vivid and are used sparingly, to emphasize, contrast or create rhythm. More toned down colors such as neutrals or darker shades can also be used depending on the surroundings.Nov 4, 2019

chunkster

Well-Known Angler
Aug 6, 2020
Production Manufacturing

i made salesman samples. He came back with orders. We need percentages to order material.
What's the breakdown?

chunkster

Well-Known Angler
Aug 6, 2020
Did you pass quality control?

Sports Authority fishing rods vs CTS fishing rods

It tends to run bias. The longevity isn't there.

Ringspun Fabrics - SpectraUSA

Combed cotton is a softer version of regular cotton, made by treating the cotton fibers before they are spun into yarn. Because combed cotton requires more work and results in a higher quality, tougher fabric, it is usually more expensive than regular cotton.

Silk thread on your wraps. - k mart has less per inch. Macy's has more per inch.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiwi9911