Today's trip to H-Mart/Jericho

Leprechaun

Kind of a Big Deal - In My Mind Anyway
Staff member
Dec 19, 2018
40 26.470/73 32.350
It was time to re-stock my bait freezer, not to mention my supply of Asian spices and marinades, so wifey and I meandered over to H-Mart, located just south of the Northern State on Rt. 106, Jericho. Besides dropping $160 on all sorts of foodie treats, the fish monger section had a live tank that featured these:

IMG_3829.jpg

IMG_3830.jpg

IMG_3832.jpg

The first pic is obviously a fluke, and the second has a couple of "turbot" in it. I had never before seen a turbot - they look like a cross between a pug-nosed fluke and a sundial - sort of. Interesting fish to watch. All the fish in that tank were very alert and the fluke in the first pic was moving his eyes as I moved around the tank - I do believe he could see me. Too bad I didn't have a GULP! mullet ready to go. Would have been a fun "experiment."

Anyway, that fluke had to be in the 3lb class, so I guess it would cost a cool 81-bux to bring it home. Geez, I gotta raise my crew "gas contribution" fee.

poorrichard

Angler
Jan 17, 2019
Call the DEC. Let's see if they follow up on the information. Bet they treat it like the live blackfish trade-it doesn't
exist in the DEC's eyes

captmike28

Angler
Dec 21, 2018
Southold, NY
www.captainstablecharters.com
Tonite's menu:

Korean marinated wings in the air fryer

View attachment 52255

View attachment 52256

Marinated Rib-eye tips

View attachment 52257

Sautéed Bok Choy and Chinese broccoli w/garlic, dark sesame oil, hoisen and red pepper flakes

View attachment 52258

View attachment 52259

View attachment 52260

Really scrumptious!
Those dishes all look great, Lep. But what happened to yesterday's Fluke?

We had a nice feast at my house last night as my stepdaughter dropped in unexpectedly at the right time, just before the fresh Fluke was about to go into the oven!! TJ's Island Pineapple Salsa on the Fluke and a few ears of Harbes super sweet Corn on the Cob. Also, excellent!

Fishing Reports

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ccny73