Turkey Tog

Area: Inshore

This report is for yesterday,Happy belated Thanksgiving everyone.
My younger son Charles and I decided at the last minute to take a run to middle ground yesterday for possibly our last trip of the season.

As we only had frozen crabs we headed out of Milford harbor to light easterly winds only to encounter 2 plus footers rounding Charles island.
We stayed in the troth and mad good time to middleground light, we setup on a spot we did good a few weeks ago.

The crabs were still frozen lol so we waited for them to thaw, in the meantime there were only 2 other boats and we were soon joined by a couple of more.
The easterly winds and 2 to 3 footers that were not forecasted made it difficult to stand so I plunked my but on the sideboard and started catching shorts.
Both my son and I were catching shorts 15 to 15.75 inches, made me think the bigger ones were in deeper water not sure but was worth a try.

We moved around a couple of times and still had the same results, one last move into deeper water allowed my son a nice keeper, unfortunately it was getting late and on the last drop I nailed nice keeper cbass.

It laid down nice around noontime and at 2pm we filleted our fish and headed in with a nice smooth ride all the way.
It's supposed to be in the 50's next week so I will hold off putting the boat away.
Stay Safe and Healthy everyone.
Jay

Fishing Reports

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rocco23