Turks & Caicos

MSSfishLI

New Angler
Jan 26, 2021
Hi All ….

Looking to maybe head down to Turks & Caicos this year and had a few questions ….

- I see bone fishing seems to be the go-to down there and was thinking of bringing a small 7' telescoping travel spinning rod, paired with a small Penn real with 6 lb. mono .... thoughts?

- Lure choices seem to be small (1/4 oz.) jig heads with clear grubs .... any others?

- Spots seem to be Turtle Tail and Cooper Jack .... any others?

- Do I need to obtain a license from the Environmental Office?

- If I opt’d for a guide …. Capt. Barr or AJ Dean at Silver Deep seem to be the two choices?

Anything else I may have missed would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much in advance!

Mike

Reactions: BennyV

Matts

Angler
Feb 11, 2019
Port Washington
I can't help much, but here goes.
I was astounded by the lack of helpfulness from my hotel. It's as if they had never heard of sportfishing.
A buddy booked Deep Silver for a "bottom fishing" trip and was pretty disappointed, but maybe that's the tourist side, as opposed to the bonefish side of the business.
I spent a morning wading with a guide, whose name escapes me. I caught 2, I think, but you needed a boat to get to were we waded. He spent the whole morning explaining that normally, we should be seeing hundreds, whereas we hardly saw any.
The jig of choice was a Gaines Phillips Wiggle jig. Note, their bonefish may be plentiful, but are pretty small.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sfishing2000