Upper delaware river fishing

Twf

New Angler
Jul 17, 2021
Like to see who Fishes the upper delaware, we're and how do you fish and what do you catch.

I live just outside of port jervis, I mostly fish under the i-84 bridge. I don't go as often as I'd like usually since I don't have much Knowledge of the river. I try to get down there for the shad run but not the last two years. I've caught some nice fish there for how little I fish it. I caught a 22.5lb channel cat there 3 years ago, used a brown trout head. Some nice trout in the 20" range. I have fun with the shad with the ultra lights . I've only caught a few small stripers and walleye but would like to try for better fish. One day when I get a smoker I'll go for some eels to.

My dad lives in Walton and I'd like to try up by deposit someday as well, got some small trout in the West branch, tho some very nice small mouth I got two very nice bass one day, one 3.5lb and the other was every bit of 5 pounds.

So who likes to fish the river, he cool to meet up with someone to learn more.

Reactions: cany

george

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2018
Commack NY
www.nyangler.com
I have a place a few miles from the river in Narrowsburg, NY. I have fished the Deleware from Rosco down to Pt Jervis. I've caught a number of species from trout to walleye to huge numbers of smallmouth. The trick for me is I usually charter a drift boat :) It is quite an experience fishing there. I get the feeling I'm in the middle of the country. Not 2 hours from Manhattan! I highly recommend it as fall arrives. It's a beautiful setting. You will see a number of Bald Eagles and nests along the way.

Reactions: Twf and longcast

Twf

New Angler
Jul 17, 2021
I have a place a few miles from the river in Narrowsburg, NY. I have fished the Deleware from Rosco down to Pt Jervis. I've caught a number of species from trout to walleye to huge numbers of smallmouth. The trick for me is I usually charter a drift boat :) It is quite an experience fishing there. I get the feeling I'm in the middle of the country. Not 2 hours from Manhattan! I highly recommend it as fall arrives. It's a beautiful setting. You will see a number of Bald Eagles and nests along the way.
A float trip would be nice don't know what they cost but probably don't have the money lol. I've got 8 eagle nests behind my house on are lake, there always nice to see even if your around them all the time.

george

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2018
Commack NY
www.nyangler.com
I think it's a great deal. Between 250-350 for two people for a 10 mile drift. Not only do you catch, but you learn a lot about the river fishery. Its worth it if it's in the budget.

Twf

New Angler
Jul 17, 2021
I think it's a great deal. Between 250-350 for two people for a 10 mile drift. Not only do you catch, but you learn a lot about the river fishery. Its worth it if it's in the budget.
Any drift boats you recommend

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sfishing2000