Vegetable garden

Chevy1

Staff member
Dec 28, 2018
Islip
Well finished up the brick paths in the garden,then turned over two beds added lots of peat moss to keep the soil lite and planted Jersey Giant Asparagus, red onions and white onions onions.
I’m going to be hurting tomorrow. Lots of bending and stretching I normally don’t do 😝36D79D04-8847-4C05-855A-BFED479355BA.jpegB8BA1D0B-1DAA-4B43-9F7D-267C297B7E0E.jpeg

MOJOE

Staff member
Dec 29, 2018

pequa1

Staff member
Dec 23, 2018
, it should be obvious
going to be on a river cruise when most of the summer crops I grow like beans, tomatoes and swisschard get harvested, and I sure as hell won't rely on my son to do it. when I had a larger garden I also made the sketch, and I did it for the flower gardens as well since I grow mainly perennials. I will be lucky when I get back in mid/late September if the pool isn't green. This will be the first year in many that I do not intend to grow any veggies, although I just spent the last couple of hours digging those damn wild garlic (yes, garlic, everyone around here calls them wild onions but they are wrong) out by hand from flower gardens and lawn. With zoysia I don't need herbicides, grubicides, fertilizer etc., but I guess I need to start using some lime. Another nice thing about zoysia is in the last two summers I only wasted water on the lawn a total of three times.

BennyV

Staff member
Dec 21, 2018
City Island, The Bronx
I’m going to cut back this year. I usually plant around 20 tomato plants. Might cut it back to 12 or so. Also going to cut down on the varieties. I tried a bunch of different kinds of tomatoes last year, around 12 varieties, to see what grew best. Cherry tomatoes and old school beefsteaks did best so I’m sticking with those. I really enjoyed the cherry tomatoes last year even more so then the beefsteaks. I’m even thinking going away with the beefsteaks and just planting Sweet 100s.

Chevy1

Staff member
Dec 28, 2018
Islip
I’m going to cut back this year. I usually plant around 20 tomato plants. Might cut it back to 12 or so. Also going to cut down on the varieties. I tried a bunch of different kinds of tomatoes last year, around 12 varieties, to see what grew best. Cherry tomatoes and old school beefsteaks did best so I’m sticking with those. I really enjoyed the cherry tomatoes last year even more so then the beefsteaks. I’m even thinking going away with the beefsteaks and just planting Sweet 100s.
The yellow sweet 100,s are really sweet taste like candy

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Optimum II