Virus fears

pequa1

Staff member
Dec 23, 2018
, it should be obvious
have sold more guns than Obama getting elected. Gun shops that have to call the NICS line for the FBI check as they do not have it computerized are REALLY backed up. Many shops literally wait for UPS to deliver previously sold out shotguns. Lines are literally out the door at most local gun shops and I just drove past Hunter Sports in Matzohpizza to confirm. Without the draft, I fear that many of these first time buyers have never held a firearm much less shot one or had any safety training. Hopefully the guns just end up rusting and collecting dust in their closets. I doubt many of them will seek training or join the NRA to secure their 2nd Amendment rights.

Hunter704

New Angler
Jul 14, 2019
I was thinking the same thing but waited for someone else to say it :rolleyes: I am also afraid that we could be hearing about family members shooting each other in darkened hallways, a la the stupid hunters that refrain from blaze orange.

Hunter704

New Angler
Jul 14, 2019
Very scary thought took my son in law to shoot some skeet Saturday went to Brookhaven range it wasn’t bad there but going to field and stream in Melville was insane. Hopefully we get a grip on this virus and most of this first time gun owners either sell them to someone who will use them or tuck them away in closet safe from anyone not knowing how to handle them. All be safe out there we’ll get through this and be fishing before you know it

• Wow
Reactions: jpd

pequa1

Staff member
Dec 23, 2018
, it should be obvious
those idiots at Dicks who decided not to sell any firearms or ammo anymore have really lost out LOL ! Defy the 2nd Amendment will you !! It may take a year or two but Dicks will go the way of Sports Authority (no more guns and ammo, then no more archery, then no more fishing) or Modells who did away with fishing and then exercise equipment. Hard to sell nothing but Mets tee shirts and Jets jackets especially when both are such losers.

jpd

Staff member
Dec 24, 2018
Hard to sell nothing but Mets tee shirts and Jets jackets especially when both are such losers.
The Modell family actually mentioned that when they declared bankruptcy.

pequa1

Staff member
Dec 23, 2018
, it should be obvious
why they stripped their stores clean of everything but then is the question...

Side story- When I retired I was given a nice gift certificate to Modells. Although I knew they had already eliminated their fishing equipment I figured at least I could get bicycles for the better half and I. None in stores, could only order online and who is going to buy a good bicycle without testing the fit ? I actually got in touch with the thoughtful city guy who was 'in charge" of the retirement party and he exchanged it and sent me a check. Went to Brands for the bikes...

Old Mud

Well-Known Angler
Dec 31, 2018
On this side of the lawn
I was thinking the same thing but waited for someone else to say it :rolleyes: I am also afraid that we could be hearing about family members shooting each other in darkened hallways, a la the stupid hunters that refrain from blaze orange.

Darkened hallways ?? I was thinking about all the "Accidents" that could happen when after many days of isolation when the spouse says something to piss you off. Not everyone is nice like me. :p

Just think about all the spouses that can't stand each other even in good times.

movetheboat

Well-Known Angler
Dec 29, 2018
Darkened hallways ?? I was thinking about all the "Accidents" that could happen when after many days of isolation when the spouse says something to piss you off. Not everyone is nice like me. :p

Just think about all the spouses that can't stand each other even in good times.
hell I would only wound her.....someone has to cook

• Haha
Reactions: Old Mud and pequa1

pequa1

Staff member
Dec 23, 2018
, it should be obvious
So now the gubmint has decided that stores selling guns are "essential"' and can open or reopen. While I am obviously a supporter of the 2nd Amendment, I just wondered how the rest of us feel about this? IMHO, anyone not having a firearm prior to this virus "event" should probably have stayed that way. If those people who just bought their first firearm for self defense can not, without hesitation, shoot an intruder in their home dead, they are likely to have it taken away from them, and with dire consequences.

BennyV

Well-Known Angler
Dec 21, 2018
City Island, The Bronx
So now the gubmint has decided that stores selling guns are "essential"' and can open or reopen. While I am obviously a supporter of the 2nd Amendment, I just wondered how the rest of us feel about this? IMHO, anyone not having a firearm prior to this virus "event" should probably have stayed that way. If those people who just bought their first firearm for self defense can not, without hesitation, shoot an intruder in their home dead, they are likely to have it taken away from them, and with dire consequences.
I’m guessing they kept them open to allow gun owners to buy ammo. Since we’re in NY and have a tough time as it is.

BennyV

Well-Known Angler
Dec 21, 2018
City Island, The Bronx
Its nationwide. And what gunowner would ever run that low?
Based on conversations I had every local store in my area either had a few shotguns left or were completely sold out.

Not a very good one. But some people don’t like to keep a lot of ammo around for one reason or another.

I wish I had more space to store more ammo but I don’t. I have a small place.

pequa1

Staff member
Dec 23, 2018
, it should be obvious
Based on conversations I had every local store in my area either had a few shotguns left or were completely sold out.

Not a very good one. But some people don’t like to keep a lot of ammo around for one reason or another.

I wish I had more space to store more ammo but I don’t. I have a small place.
Gonna make for a lot of never fired used gun sales!

Reactions: BennyV

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yun