wade fishing shoe or boot.

stusurf

New Angler
Aug 28, 2019
When fluke fishing in the surf I like to stand in the ocean with the water up to my knees wearing shorts. I am looking for a shoe or boot that will keep out sand. Any recommendations ?

Snapprhead27

Well-Known Angler
May 21, 2020
Islip
I purchased these, but I still get sand in it. I was looking for something to protect my feet Incase I stepped on something. They will do that if you don't mind the sand.

pequa1

Staff member
Dec 23, 2018
, it should be obvious
With broken crabs and shells, barefootin' is not for me. Until mid to late October I usually get by with just sandals and shorts since the water temp is often higher than the air. If its a little nippy out I wear sandals one size larger and Sealskinz socks under them. The socks do get a little moisture in them, but only the very finest grains of sand make it through. My next step is waist waders. Got them for 50 bucks a couple of years ago and with a pair of jeans and some walking the beach, they were warm enough through the end of November. Never put on neoprenes this year or last. The nicest part of either the waist waders or just sandals is the ease of gearing up.

Fishing Reports

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nr1730