Walleye Stir Fry!

CELLFISH

Well-Known Angler
Jan 14, 2019
beautiful, my fav style of chef knife too... where’s the brown rice and Sake’... cellie..

Reactions: buddha162

Roccus7

Staff member
Dec 22, 2018
Midcoast Maine
Finally managed a new catch and cook, first time seeing a walleye, turned him into stir fry :)

Probably the weakest fish I've ever pulled on. Glad I caught a few on my first attempt, not going back ever haha

Rut-roh, if you don't like the fight of a walleye, DO NOT go crappie fishing. Their name is just like their fight.

On the other hand, walleye are probably the best eating fresh water fish there is, the only fresh water fish that I may choose over a salt water fish if they're both on the menu at a restaurant.

CELLFISH

Well-Known Angler
Jan 14, 2019
Rut-roh, if you don't like the fight of a walleye, DO NOT go crappie fishing. Their name is just like their fight.

On the other hand, walleye are probably the best eating fresh water fish there is, the only fresh water fish that I may choose over a salt water fish if they're both on the menu at a restaurant.
complaints bout a weak fighting fish, try a 5 foot ugly stick, 2 piece... cellie... 😜
19FF7B1D-B12F-4FDA-8B37-7BFC12DA4332.jpeg

Reactions: george

captmike28

Angler
Dec 21, 2018
Why not try a fly rod? When my folks were still alive I would visit the in south FL every winter and have a ton of fun catching Bluegill in the local lakes on top water poppers using my fly rod. Something about any fish, regardless of size, crashing a top water bait!

george

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2018
Commack NY
www.nyangler.com
Everytime I watch one of your videos, I head to the fridge for something to eat.

I get a lot of fish offers from my many fishing friends but never a walleye. They're just too good. I need to go catch a few.

I know a few sharpies that get them at Lake Ronkonkoma. I haven't had great success there. One suicide fish. But I have had great success on the Delaware this time of year. It may be time to give it a shot.

Then all I need is Buddha to cook them for me 🤞

Reactions: buddha162

WhatKnot

Well-Known Angler
May 18, 2019
Why not try a fly rod? When my folks were still alive I would visit the in south FL every winter and have a ton of fun catching Bluegill in the local lakes on top water poppers using my fly rod. Something about any fish, regardless of size, crashing a top water bait!
A top water hit on any species is a blast.

buddha162

Staff member
Dec 19, 2018
www.youtube.com

One lake I bass fish holds some huge crappie...weird I've never had a bycatch. I might give it 10 minutes this Spring on some deeper brush piles I marked last year. Like walleye, I suspect it'll be a one and done deal lol

buddha162

Staff member
Dec 19, 2018
www.youtube.com
Everytime I watch one of your videos, I head to the fridge for something to eat.

I get a lot of fish offers from my many fishing friends but never a walleye. They're just too good. I need to go catch a few.

I know a few sharpies that get them at Lake Ronkonkoma. I haven't had great success there. One suicide fish. But I have had great success on the Delaware this time of year. It may be time to give it a shot.

Then all I need is Buddha to cook them for me 🤞
Haha get em George!

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efishnsea