Weaks still there

Area: Debs/Jones

pequa1

Staff member
Dec 23, 2018
, it should be obvious
Caught 4 and almost a fifth, along with a short fluke, all in just an hour before the tide went slack today. Home by 10. I am going to be one sorry person when this weakfish cycle peters out as they always do. Largest 20" took a white curly Gulp on the 3/4oz buck, all other fish went for the pink gulp on a teaser. No wind, eel grass minimal.

Attachments

• IMG-0054.jpg
    IMG-0054.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 5

Roccus7

Staff member
Dec 22, 2018
Midcoast Maine
Caught 4 and almost a fifth, along with a short fluke, all in just an hour before the tide went slack today. Home by 10. I am going to be one sorry person when this weakfish cycle peters out as they always do. Largest 20" took a white curly Gulp on the 3/4oz buck, all other fish went for the pink gulp on a teaser. No wind, eel grass minimal.
You're not suggesting that weakfish are cyclic are you? DEC will be shocked to learn that...

• Haha
Reactions: longcast and MOJOE

george

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2018
Commack NY
www.nyangler.com
I heard a very interesting fact the other day about huge amounts of weakfish being caught new Georges Bank by commercials. This continues the theory that more and more fish are migrating north and offshore. No one knows why for sure, but all bets are on climate change.

I do agree with that but I also think inshore water quality has a lot to do with it.

Members online

Fishing Reports

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nisa1823