Who's in for 2020?

Aquarius

Angler
Dec 21, 2018
Woodcleft Canal, Freeport, New York
I launched today, about 2 weeks early. The boat was ready and I wanted to get in while the marina was still operational. I took the boat out for a shakedown. All ran OK. I went down Long Creek and since the inlet looked good went out to the ocean. It was beautiful out there. A very light swell and it could have been a summer day. The current was going out of the inlet and with the light swell, it looked like a couple of waves were getting ready to break on the east side of the channel between buoy 5 and the 3/4 set. About 13 feet of water at the low point. That was about 2:00 PM with the tide about half way out. There were small breakers on the east bar and a few on the west bar.

Richies was closed at the end of Woodcleft but it is a Friday and the season hasn't really started yet. I did see a seagull waddling around on a dock with a whole bunker in his beak. I saw a few splashed on the water while heading south at the end of Woodcleft Canal.

I hardly left the dock at all last year due to family issues. I am looking forward to this season. I will do my social distancing out on the water. Looking forward to April 1.

Stevepanther

New Angler
Apr 5, 2019
I’m still in from 2019. I just left the marina they are running a skeleton crew I will probably have to wait until July for a short haul for bottom paint and zincs Hopefully we get some good weather coming up I’m stocked up with bait dying to go. I was only able to get out twice this winter between work weather and family commitments

Reactions: MOJOE

live bait

Angler
Dec 20, 2018
Just saw on another site that the Governor of South Carolina has closed all public beaches & boat ramps, if that happens here us trailer guys are done before we start.
John

• Sad
Reactions: pequa1

capt dickie

New Angler
Mar 30, 2020
City Island , The Bronx
I was on track to launch this Thursday, but now i m watching the kids all day & working at night. So i m so far behind. Have to wax the hull, paint the bottom and service the etec.. ugg. I m praying to be ready for opening day stripers. If there is not a full lock down!

Roccus7

Staff member
Dec 22, 2018
Midcoast Maine
Boat coming home from the yard today so I'm safe from any governmental interference, although there isn't one impacting "commercial fishing", a declared essential industry in the state of Maine. I never imagined buying a commercial license to give me discounts at the different local marine supply houses could also be a "Get Out Of Jail Free" card.

Right now the only "challenge" will be enough good weather, and energy, to get her washed, waxed and loaded up. If ME declares "End of Days" and closes commercial fishing, I'll still be able to go rogue and launch to get her on my dock; there are no gates on any of the 4 local ramps.

george

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2018
Commack NY
www.nyangler.com
I'm in an NYS marina and I've been assured they will be opening the 3rd weekend in April. I sure this holds true as I'm really itching to go fishing!

Roccus7

Staff member
Dec 22, 2018
Midcoast Maine
Well turns out our Governor knows the importance of communing w/Nature. At midnight tonight a "Stay at Home Order" comes into force, BUT here's the Maine definition of "Essential Activities".

This from Section B of the Executive Order, allowed Essential Activities include:

• Engaging in outdoor exercise activities, such as fishing, walking, hiking, running or biking, but only in compliance with the gathering restriction in Executive Order 14 FY 19/20 and all applicable social distancing guidance published by the U.S. and Maine Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Interesting that the FIRST activity listed is Fishing. Travel is allowed to participated in Essential Activities.

Reactions: Old Mud

Roccus7

Staff member
Dec 22, 2018
Midcoast Maine
I swear to Zeus, his brother Poseidon and his side kick Aeolus have conspired against me.

Nice launch window for 17:00 Wednesday...

1588077682140.png

But when I play the tape "forward" to Thursday late afternoon things get dodgy...

1588077756406.png

And Friday night just screams, "LEAVE THE BOAT ON THE TRAILER!!", at least until we get out of this pattern of a Nor'easter every few days...

1588077923404.png

• Wow
Reactions: JoeBfishing

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Optimum II