Who's this NED guy and where did he come from !

flounderjoe

Angler
Mar 7, 2019
Spent the weekend up in Harriman state park man aint been there in at least 40 years stayed at Sebago cabins brought the cartopper up with us after setteling in on friday and getting the PIPC permit for the boat did some fishin with my son and grandson ok back to the title of this tread.While I think i'm a hot shot with a jig an pig and lately zoom brush hogs .My son decided to try this Ned rig thing this is first time mind you didnt even own any till we stopped at Davis sport shop.Well I GOT SPANKED and I had the front seat .Friday evening hehad 9 lmbs to my 2 and 3 pickeral.I stuck to my jig even broke out the real pig uncle josh number 11 that did not help.That happened fri ,sat and sun .After a while just laughed it off .That stupid 1/10th of a ounce ned head with a 2.8 inch stubby worm and small paddle tail minnow caugth fish everywhere on lake sebago 6lb test mono just hopping it back to the boat .His best bass was close to 4lbs but there was no dinks most fish even the few of mine averaged easy 14 inches.Well setting the hook on a jig pig of a lunker never happened .Till next time NED i owe you one !!!

Reactions: Chevy1

Capt13

Staff member
Dec 28, 2018
Smithtown
Fished it my son up in CT for the first time. Caught both small mouth and LM ! Maybe its something they've never seen before. I know the Senko (wacky) was red hot 15 -18 years ago. I won a couple grand tournament fishing back then using a Senko. There are some lakes where it just doesn't catch very well anymore ....

flounderjoe

Angler
Mar 7, 2019
that is deffinetly it its something new to them .the ned rig is just a half of a senko on a mushroom jighead he used o small skinny shad bait with a paddle tail.

Reactions: Chevy1

WillD

New Angler
Mar 6, 2019
Merrick NY
Spent the weekend up in Harriman state park man aint been there in at least 40 years stayed at Sebago cabins brought the cartopper up with us after setteling in on friday and getting the PIPC permit for the boat did some fishin with my son and grandson ok back to the title of this tread.While I think i'm a hot shot with a jig an pig and lately zoom brush hogs .My son decided to try this Ned rig thing this is first time mind you didnt even own any till we stopped at Davis sport shop.Well I GOT SPANKED and I had the front seat .Friday evening hehad 9 lmbs to my 2 and 3 pickeral.I stuck to my jig even broke out the real pig uncle josh number 11 that did not help.That happened fri ,sat and sun .After a while just laughed it off .That stupid 1/10th of a ounce ned head with a 2.8 inch stubby worm and small paddle tail minnow caugth fish everywhere on lake sebago 6lb test mono just hopping it back to the boat .His best bass was close to 4lbs but there was no dinks most fish even the few of mine averaged easy 14 inches.Well setting the hook on a jig pig of a lunker never happened .Till next time NED i owe you one !!!
I stayed at those cabins mid August we usually go up every year. I was killing it this year from the kayak with just some simple keitech's around dusk. Love that place.

Reactions: flounderjoe

george

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2018
Commack NY
www.nyangler.com
Fished it my son up in CT for the first time. Caught both small mouth and LM ! Maybe its something they've never seen before. I know the Senko (wacky) was red hot 15 -18 years ago. I won a couple grand tournament fishing back then using a Senko. There are some lakes where it just doesn't catch very well anymore ....
That's my first go to in the early spring - wacky Senko. It hasn't failed me yet. And excuse me I never won anything tournament fishing either ;)

flounderjoe

Angler
Mar 7, 2019
Personally dont see eye to eye with the senko as a matter of fact never bought a single one oh yea my boat has a sign on it NO SENKOS ALLOWED .Dont know why just made myself a promise many years ago seeing those things hanging sideways on hooks :cautious:

• Haha
Reactions: buddha162

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
myaquasport