For Sale WTB Parker 2320 or Steiger Craft 23 Miami/Chesapeake

OVERBORED

Well-Known Angler
Jan 6, 2021
On your budget, your likely looking at something 15-20 yrs old. Some years had"wet" stringers. Parkers were bow heavy. Not a fan of older I/O power. On older boats, leaky fuel tanks are always a concern. Have the boat surveyed so you know what you're getting. Always hidden surprises in older boats.

Good luck!

Roccus7

Staff member
Dec 22, 2018
Midcoast Maine
@OVERBORED has given good advice. From my perspective at this point in the market conditions, the pickings on good used boats at a reasonable price are slim if not non-existent.

Anything that hasn't sold within days of coming on the market must been ridiculously over priced or have some serious issues so make sure you have an exacting and detail oriented surveyor lined up to inspect any potential purchases.

Occh639

Angler
Nov 13, 2019
On your budget, your likely looking at something 15-20 yrs old. Some years had"wet" stringers. Parkers were bow heavy. Not a fan of older I/O power. On older boats, leaky fuel tanks are always a concern. Have the boat surveyed so you know what you're getting. Always hidden surprises in older boats.

Good luck!
I agree but in this market anything newer is out of my price range. Pressure test gas tanks get a survey and go with your gut I guess based on how well you think the boat was maintained

longcast

Well-Known Angler
Mar 7, 2019
@OVERBORED has given good advice. From my perspective at this point in the market conditions, the pickings on good used boats at a reasonable price are slim if not non-existent.

Anything that hasn't sold within days of coming on the market must been ridiculously over priced or have some serious issues so make sure you have an exacting and detail oriented surveyor lined up to inspect any potential purchases.
"Anything that hasn't sold within days of coming on the market must been ridiculously over priced or have some serious issues so make sure you have an exacting and detail oriented surveyor lined up to inspect any potential purchases."

Cannot stress this point enough.

OVERBORED

Well-Known Angler
Jan 6, 2021
The YouTube link had some useful information on what the difference between a cosmetic repair and something more involved looks like. Some of those older steigers came out of the factory with issues.

Reactions: Roccus7

Occh639

Angler
Nov 13, 2019
The YouTube link had some useful information on what the difference between a cosmetic repair and something more involved looks like. Some of those older steigers came out of the factory with issues.
I was not aware that the older Steigers had issues