You CAN teach an old dog new tricks!!

Roccus7

Staff member
Dec 22, 2018
Midcoast Maine
I've really become a 1 Trick Pony with stripers, relying on old school Creek Chub Striper Strikes as my go to lure. It's caught over 700 fish for me and my guests this year. Well, a local colleague from N. Carolina has trying to get me to try 7" white Fin-S lures rigged Texas Style. I bought a package a couple of weeks ago, rigged up a few and threw it on the boat. Last night I was going for the big Skunk again when I hit every one of my outoing water spots with absolute no hints that there were any fish in the area.

At the last spot, after tossing a popper for 30 minutes with nary a hint of any fish interest I said, "WTH, let's try the "Bubba Bass" rig." Tossed the Fin-S into a little tide rivlet, took 2 cranks and BAM, a hit in a spot that I worked a lure over not more than 45 seconds before!! Ended the evening with 5 fish to 22".

Well I had to have a repeat performance and the Fin-S produced another 5 fish to 23". However, I did get one fish on a Creek Chub, a 26" "Pool Winner" for the evening.

One thing about bass fishing. The instant the day you think you know everything is the day you stop being an effective striper fisherman...

Reactions: Old Mud and dsedy

Old Mud

Well-Known Angler
Dec 31, 2018
On this side of the lawn
Similar, but there is a very slim possibility one of us may totally understand our finned nemesis. With women, there's NFW anyone with a Y chromosome would ever figure out women...

Well i'm thinking the main problem here is so many folkes with that Y chromosome try to figure them out. Maybe some of those with the other slim possibility's have figured out "Don't try to figure them out" "Just accept it and go along for the ride" (Not to be taken as anything more than a joke). :giggle:

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
myaquasport