Recent content by AllyKat

  1. AllyKat

    Storm watch

    Buddy of mine had a Subaru WRX. He unknowingly drove into Lindenhurst to drop someone off during a Noreaster with High Tide. Went through a deep enough puddle and she stalled further down the block. Turns out a computer was on the floor board and shorted out. In the end, Insurance totaled the...
  2. AllyKat

    Storm watch

    Straight Saltwater
  3. AllyKat

    I I I I

    Got out Friday after work with my son and neighbor, getting to the reef around 5:30, high slack. We tried drifting over the productive area we found the past couple of weeks with the light north breeze but all we managed was shorts. Broke out the trolling motor and recreated the drift that...
  4. AllyKat

    Windfinder

    https://lisicos.uconn.edu/stn_artg.php?id=artg_wx_panel
  5. AllyKat

    Windfinder

    Thats why I always check the MySound website from UConn. It has real time wind and wave buoys on the LIS from Execution to out east. They usually update every 15-30 minutes.
  6. AllyKat

    Flo Sports

    When my daughter was playing softball, the college had a live stream going with audio commentary so I could watch games that I couldn't be at. Last season they went to Flo Sports which forces me to pay $35 a month to watch the games...same cameras, same audio. At least it was her last season so...
  7. AllyKat

    I I I I

    My son got called out of work early Saturday AM, and proceeded to twist my arm to get on the water, knowing that he was headed back to Maritime on Sunday. The weather wasn’t great with a steady NE 10-15 and outgoing tide making the LIS sloppy around Eatons Neck. We tried for fluke for a while...
  8. AllyKat

    Togging

    Come on..it's not even September!!! The addiction is real!
  9. AllyKat

    Need party boat recommendation please

    Weather looks OK for the first half of the day, with possible showers later on. Wind doesn't seem to be an issue. Depends on how much you want to make fishing the priority and which body of water you want. You can do a full day Captree Pride run in the Ocean which I think is 7-2pm and probably...
  10. AllyKat

    Double D

    The one who made the gaff shot was Ally's boyfriend JJ, and it was his first ever gaff of tuna. The fish was just out of reach on his first attempt a few seconds before he got another chance and sunk it. He really thought he hit the line and lost the fish. We did not eat the heart, but the...
  11. AllyKat

    Double D

    Headed out of Westlake Marina at 4am aboard Double D Charters with Capt Dan at the helm along with my daughter Ally, and son Andrew, her boyfriends JJ and a few others. Perfect condition with light northern winds. We came up on the building fleet around 5:30 am and sent the Tuna jigs down...
  12. AllyKat

    Shark Weak

    Sorry to read about the Crankshaft....at least you can do your own work. I've had a motor grenade itself...not fun. I blame the lack of bunker on the Omega fish oil boats.

Latest posts

Back
Top