Recent content by MakoMatt

  1. MakoMatt

    Wreck of F/V MISTRESS found off Block Island

    Wind farms and rescue helicopters don’t mix, fishermen warned years ago. They were right https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2026/sep/30/sunken-fishing-trawler-exposes-offshore-winds-safety-risks/?srsltid=AU7gw4WUv7vd7gBpej-MwJPc9LgdNFIvNg16iwHOe4ysMhY0lVL8Zgv4
  2. MakoMatt

    The most horrific 9/11 event that I ever read about.

    I only knew 1 person who lost their life that day in the towers. He worked for Marsh.
  3. MakoMatt

    The stock market

    Better than me………. I buy them high, and watch them go down down down and they belly up out of business.
  4. MakoMatt

    Welcome, rlaurice3461

    Welcome aboard!!!
  5. MakoMatt

    One Nor'easter behind us… another one blowing in this week 🌊

    Do you have a date and time for the switchover? What will become of NYANGLER? Will there be an automatic redirect to the new site if NYANGLER still exists and someone signs in?
  6. MakoMatt

    Noreaster.com

    On my iPad I use the < back button < that is to the left of the URL. It’s the back button that is a feature of the iPad, not the Noreaster site.
  7. MakoMatt

    Cod 27/28

    Lots of reason for the collapse of the Winter Flounder fishery. One is rather surprising in that it mirrors what happened to the Whittaker family.
  8. MakoMatt

    For Sale Raymarine Radar - Pathfinder RL70C

    Working takeout when I upgraded my electronics. Radar works well. Can be interfaced with GPS and Sonar to display on unit. This is only the radar dome, display/control unit, and manual. Needs a new cable. $300 OBO
  9. MakoMatt

    Weather

    Please elaborate
  10. MakoMatt

    For Sale Garmin GPS

    ***PRICE REDUCED*** $150 OBO Nice working unit, in good condition. Only reason for selling is I just upgraded my electronics. A short synopsis of the capabilities of this unit. Garmin GPSmap 547xs (model number M3APGT01) is a chartplotter/fishfinder combo unit that provides both GPS...
  11. MakoMatt

    The never ending chat thread, chat about anything That your up too

    I hit the link it took me to another story, a heartwarming story about a good kid playing at LSU. So I did not see the video with the “big hit”. That said, knowing today about all the injuries associated with football, if I had a son he wouldn’t be playing. Golf, baseball, tennis or track &...
  12. MakoMatt

    Wreck of F/V MISTRESS found off Block Island

    She went down January 1, 2019 https://www.cbsnews.com/news/fv-mistress-shipwreck-found-green-oceans-block-island-wind-farm/
  13. MakoMatt

    The never ending chat thread, chat about anything That your up too

    The Cross Island Parkway is notorious for flooding along the stretch from Northern Blvd heading north to Throgs Neck & Whitestone Bridges. Especially in the area of the Bayside Marina.
  14. MakoMatt

    The never ending chat thread, chat about anything That your up too

    Fire on Fire Island……..
Back
Top