Recent content by pequa1

  1. pequa1

    Overall, a satisfactory season

    hoping our plane takes off for Heathrow !
  2. pequa1

    Overall, a satisfactory season

    while we did kayak in Canada on our 2025 Viking cruise, we have no plans to do so in Europe, lol. That's us out in front with our paddles in perfect synchrosiny (if that's a word.)
  3. pequa1

    Welcome, Ftsquid

    Welcome !
  4. pequa1

    Overall, a satisfactory season

    Paddle fished nearly five dozen mornings since early June and towed home seven fluke and nine weaks, along with some cocktails and a kingfish. Yesterday I snagged a few peanuts yet could only get them halved by ravenous "almost cocktails." Decided to switch to a Krocodile and quickly caught...
  5. pequa1

    Welcome, WorstAnglerYouKnow

    welcome !
  6. pequa1

    Backbay was on fire this morning

    LOL. I was born in 51.
  7. pequa1

    Backbay was on fire this morning

    what a difference a day makes. 4 shorts, no sm weaks, and a few Large, annoying snappers.
  8. pequa1

    Backbay was on fire this morning

    Probably. Been 🐟 ng the area since the late 70s. When the houses were built in the 50s the marshes that are now waterfront, the muck was dredged creating some channels and used as backfill in the backyards. Hopefully those weaks make it to deep water. All would be keepers next year !
  9. pequa1

    Backbay was on fire this morning

    While I only had one legal fluke, I had to have caught at least 8 short weaks and four or five short fluke. Thanks to the father of our MissingLink08 for stopping me from paddling past an area that was loaded with the weaks ! (without electronics I would have paddled right over them.) Would...
  10. pequa1

    Just an outboard observation above the Arctic Circle...

    From 1999 through 2020 or was it 2021 I never had a problem with the Yamaha C-90 that came with my Sea Pro.
  11. pequa1

    "Windy" app ( ? )

    Will have to find the closest buoy to backbay Matzohpizza lol
  12. pequa1

    Bucktails

    Has anyone found a lack of "leverage" when hooking a good fish with a swing hook bucktail ? (I realize my Kastmasters, plugs etc. are on a ring)
  13. pequa1

    "Windy" app ( ? )

    it does seem like the MSM and many weather forecasts and forecasters treat the wind like it is an afterthought. What do sailors and cropdusters use ?
  14. pequa1

    Berkley Fishing just started their winter sale.

    https://www.thestreet.com/retail/dicks-sporting-goods-closes-113-stores-stock-decline I feel so bad for the anti Second Amendment dicks at Dick's
  15. pequa1

    "Windy" app ( ? )

    In the late summer I rely on wind forecasting the most since I will have a killie troll over the starboard side and hopefully a weak or fluke on a stringer to port. This negates my ability to put out a drift sock like in the late spring and still fish off the yak whether I am livelining a...
Back
Top