Where'd they go?

Loonzter

Angler
Tried fishing for fluke with peanuts today (Wed. 9/30), no joy not even a short. I realize we're coming off a Noreaster and Saturday was a full moon but not even a short for 4 guys who know how to fish pretty well. Did anyone on the South shore do any better? I' m just hoping it's not over for the season. I'm so looking forward to Blackfish but always thought we could ride the fluke right to the end of the season. It was certainly a beautiful day on the water but just a bit disappointed with the absence of the fluke.
 
I hear what you're saying longcast. However, our last four outings have been very exciting since we started using peanut bunker. The shorts are much larger fish and our last two outings, prior to the Noreaster, have produced bookend fluke of 9# 10oz' (9.61 on the baitshop's certified scale). Not that I'm greedy but I was hoping for a couple more of those before the fat lady sings.
 
Tried fishing for fluke with peanuts today (Wed. 9/30), no joy not even a short. I realize we're coming off a Noreaster and Saturday was a full moon but not even a short for 4 guys who know how to fish pretty well. Did anyone on the South shore do any better? I' m just hoping it's not over for the season. I'm so looking forward to Blackfish but always thought we could ride the fluke right to the end of the season. It was certainly a beautiful day on the water but just a bit disappointed with the absence of the fluke.
I wanted to go out this week and try one last time for Fluke. I had a feeling the Fluke were gone , glad I didn't go out. Now we have to wait for the water temps to drop that'll spur on the Bass and Blues. Maybe in a week or so we'll see the weakfish schools off the beach. Really no reason for me to go out this week, the South Shore bays will have slow fishing this week and next.
 
I wanted to go out this week and try one last time for Fluke. I had a feeling the Fluke were gone , glad I didn't go out. Now we have to wait for the water temps to drop that'll spur on the Bass and Blues. Maybe in a week or so we'll see the weakfish schools off the beach. Really no reason for me to go out this week, the South Shore bays will have slow fishing this week and next.
the South Shore bays will have slow fishing this week and next.


Maybe fluke. You sure of that comment for the others you mentioned?

I mean, to be selfish, one less boat out there for me to contend with, lol. :oops:
 
I'm out of Jones Inlet and early October it stinks . 55 years I've fished that area. Maybe if you go out 30 miles it's good, around the bay inlet area it stinks .I'm out there during the week when the bay /ocean is empty- Thank goodness!
 
The fluke are on the move, there are fish west of the Robert Moses bridge up to the sore thumb area. The tide is key along with live bait. Had two of my friends do very well yesterday. And the captree party boats are picking away at keepers
 

Members online

Latest articles

Back
Top