For You Cord Cutters With A Firestick

JackPrintMD

Well-Known Angler
Dec 21, 2018
Fire Island Inlet / Islip
“da box” is the way to go.

Its something that takes a bit of of a learning curve but every time I learn something new I share it with wife this way we both know how to do it.
Updates are very important and keep it working better each time.

UpdateS seam to be seasonal, so far every three Months I get the option to do it and I do it.
It really makes all the difference in your streaming experienc.

This box paid it self back ten times over already and provides really great added entertainmen.

Reactions: cany
Jan 1, 2019
Darkside of the Moon
Just happened on this "How To Jailbreak Your Firestick" last night and checked it out today. I followed all the instructions and loaded Kodi and BAM, I had access to gazillions of movies and shows. As I can best ascertain, it's much like "The Box" that a few of our learned colleagues here talk about, but much cheaper in that a basic Fire Stick can be had for $40.

It's a bit complicated, I'd rate it as a "Nerd In Training" Difficulty Level, which means you've bought a pocket protector, but haven't used one yet...

Jailbreak Your Firestick
I don't know why they call it jailbreaking, all your doing is adding apps that are not associated with the fire stick/amazon account.
I have loaded Kodi and other apps that are a pain in the ass to run on the stick, I loaded cinema instead which is much better than Kodi, live lounge and webflix are really good too. I also have a Roku 4k ultra box which is much better than the firestick.
You can hardwire it and not have the buffering problems associated with wireless.
Youtube is loaded with how to's but be carefull, a lot of them are bogus.

Roccus7

Staff member
Dec 22, 2018
Midcoast Maine
I don't know why they call it jailbreaking, all your doing is adding apps that are not associated with the fire stick/amazon account.
I have loaded Kodi and other apps that are a pain in the ass to run on the stick, I loaded cinema instead which is much better than Kodi, live lounge and webflix are really good too. I also have a Roku 4k ultra box which is much better than the firestick.
You can hardwire it and not have the buffering problems associated with wireless.
Youtube is loaded with how to's but be carefull, a lot of them are bogus.
Thanks for the heads up. CyberflixTV MUCH better than Kodi!!

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loonzter