Funny Videos

Rick67

Well-Known Angler
Jan 13, 2019
Smithtown
Now we abandoned them. The THEY never new the Taliban outside of terrorists that we kept at bay. THEY never knew how to run anything. Schools and such have only been slowly built.
I’m not being sarcastic. It’s just not newsworthy to explain to the US what it was really like in Afghanistan. Our THEY feel sorry for South Americans which live like kings compared to Afghanistan.

Last edited:

Avenger

Well-Known Angler
So there's nobody there over the age of twenty? No village elders that can sit around the campfire telling the tales of the ancient times when monsters ruled the world?

And if not, then clearly we waited too long. We needed to get this rolling while there was still someone around who understood the difference.

I was watching an embed report following the military around, trying to "win the hearts and minds" and they're talking to a group of people about the situation and they finally got around to the Taliban and asked what their plans were and their response was "That's what you're here for." While the respondent sure as heck wasn't a child it was the kind of answer you would expect from one. There was no acknowledgement of reality or acceptance of responsibility there whatsoever.

So either we grossly misjudged these people or grossly misled them. My money is mostly on misjudged although I'm sure there's some of both.

We walk into these situations thinking everybody thinks the way we do and have zero understanding of their culture. Then we're surprised by the results.

Rick67

Well-Known Angler
Jan 13, 2019
Smithtown
There are some but don’t let that grey scrubby hair fool you they age quick. Elders are tribal. Like old world Indians. Uneducated or dumb however you want to look at it, I agree. My nephew joined in 2008. He and I would email each other daily. I was seeing him brake down in his stories. “Uncle Rick, I have never seen little kids that never seen a store bought candy bar before” then by then end of first deployment, “Uncle Rick, if these scumbags could shoot I’d be dead every day this week, this place is shit”. Then he wouldn’t talk or write. 10 months he was spent. He’s still shot 12 years later. The tribes have little knowledge, less then old world Indians. That’s not the ones you want to reach IMO. It was the city’s with food, water, electric, etc. That’s who we were slowly changing back to what you and I look at as civil. Women were showing hair again, had jobs, attended school. This is a big step in one generation that never had much law outside of ours. Men were starting to take jobs that they would have been beheaded for when Taliban was still strong.

I was never surprised by the results. It’s like Korea, had we have left. Well just look at a satellite photo of North and South at night. It would all be black today. Look back at Germany in the 80’s at how one side of Berlin was from the other. For that Radical Islam crap to die off, we need to stay.

Watch now how the suicide bombings come back to the Middle East, they will be targeting us.

Reactions: Avenger

Avenger

Well-Known Angler
There are some but don’t let that grey scrubby hair fool you they age quick. Elders are tribal. Like old world Indians. Uneducated or dumb however you want to look at it, I agree. My nephew joined in 2008. He and I would email each other daily. I was seeing him brake down in his stories. “Uncle Rick, I have never seen little kids that never seen a store bought candy bar before” then by then end of first deployment, “Uncle Rick, if these scumbags could shoot I’d be dead every day this week, this place is shit”. Then he wouldn’t talk or write. 10 months he was spent. He’s still shot 12 years later. The tribes have little knowledge, less then old world Indians. That’s not the ones you want to reach IMO. It was the city’s with food, water, electric, etc. That’s who we were slowly changing back to what you and I look at as civil. Women were showing hair again, had jobs, attended school. This is a big step in one generation that never had much law outside of ours. Men were starting to take jobs that they would have been beheaded for when Taliban was still strong.

I was never surprised by the results. It’s like Korea, had we have left. Well just look at a satellite photo of North and South at night. It would all be black today. Look back at Germany in the 80’s at how one side of Berlin was from the other. For that Radical Islam crap to die off, we need to stay.

Watch now how the suicide bombings come back to the Middle East, they will be targeting us.

I just meant that there had to be people around who remembered how things were. Median age doesn't mean everyone died off and now the whole population is a bunch of teenagers. I feel bad for your son. It was probably a hopeless exercise from the start.

Members online

No members online now.

Fishing Reports

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BOBBYBB1949