Gulp at Dicks

PaulF150

New Angler
Mar 6, 2019
yeah i got in on the $20 off a $100 combined with 3 for $15. In total think i got 21 packs for $92, feel like it was the best deal i've seen in a while. I mainly stick to pink shine when it comes to grubs but i bought a pack or two of the mackerel color and a few newer colors. Just wish we could get the older more durable gulp back!

Reactions: movetheboat

CELLFISH

Well-Known Angler
Jan 14, 2019
Elias, when was that trip? I had the same thing happen to me this last summer. I was fishing for porgies between the Kingsborough college point and Coney Island when I though maybe I had a large fluke... until it really started to move. My first thought was huge striper but even with them, on light gear, 20 to 25 minutes in they are throwing in t he towel. Same experience... never came up. Was hugging the bottom like a fluke WOULD but it would have had to be more halibut then fluke. I've hooked about 8 cow noses over the years so i'm somewhat familiar with the fight.. and it is as you described. This felt like a fluke but at striped bass size. It eventually broke my hook as I added some heat to the drag. Went for about a 1000 ft sleigh ride in my inflatable. I eventually settled on black drum. Had to be. I felt your pain. I really just wanted to SEE it! Lol.
STINGRAY... cellfish...