Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
NOAA’s mission is to understand and predict our changing environment, from the deep sea to outer space, and to manage and conserve America’s coastal and marine resources.
Thats it in a nutshell!NOAA’s mission is to understand and predict our changing environment, from the deep sea to outer space, and to manage and conserve America’s coastal and marine resources.
Not for me.................................I put most of the fish I caught back for them to end up in a store on ice and somebody got paid for it.
Took me a while, lol.Thats it in a nutshell!
All that and I like to eat. Lots of folks that enjoy fish in my circle. I also have folks that cannot afford fish as a food so I clean and provide to their family.I don’t keep a lot of fish. A meal, or maybe two, and that’s it for me. The rest go back.
I fish for the pleasure of putting people on the meat, the hunt, the mind games, the trophy, and the glory that goes with it.
I can’t find it are you sure that’s the name of the video?a good video on you tube to see how america was when ASMFC was formed can be seen on you tube it is called FISH IS FOOD maybe managers shhould think about this
“Produced with the cooperation of FISH AND WILDLIFE SERVICE U.S. DEPARTMENT OF THE INTERIOR”…….”NEW YORK CITY DEPARTMENT OF MARKETS”…… and the……. “FISHERY COUNCIL CITY OF NEW YORK”produced by fish and wildlife and interior asmfc was started in 1943 to stop waste of fish check it out
Organized crime is often the reason we can't have nice things. I remember when Giuliani subpoenaed the Market and it very quickly burned down. They rebuilt it, but there was really no longer a reason to keep it downtown, as the fish was coming in by truck not boat, so they moved it to the Bronx.I don’t think the video has anything to do with ASMFC, or it’s forming. It was produced by the City of New York promoting the Fulton Fish Market.
What I did take from the video was the bounty the seas provided back in the day. Very few if any regulations existed back in 1946. Hence, we are where we are today.
When I had the smoke fish business I had purchased fish on more than one occasion from the original Fulton Market in lower Manhattan. It was quite the place, bustling with activity prior to sunrise. They eventually moved the market to Hunts Point in the Bronx.