Chinacat
Well-Known Angler
With the calm wind window forecast for this morning I cleared my schedule and got out on the water early. Cold Temps were refreshing
Got to inlet at sunrise and Ocean was flat calm. Birds everywhere. Acres of bait. Chased them for about an hour and threw everything at them and found nothing on them and saw nobody else catch a thing either. I did manage to catch a seagull but luckily when I got it to the boat it was only tangled up in my line and not hooked so I set him free pretty quickly.
Headed back to inlet and ebb tide was now running. Found a good drift line and got into some big bass. Landed 4, lost 1. All give or take 40” and in the 25lb range. Had to grab the round part of net with 2 hands to live them in boat. No slots so unfortunately nothing came home with me but still fun
Back to dock by 10 and went to work without being missed


Got to inlet at sunrise and Ocean was flat calm. Birds everywhere. Acres of bait. Chased them for about an hour and threw everything at them and found nothing on them and saw nobody else catch a thing either. I did manage to catch a seagull but luckily when I got it to the boat it was only tangled up in my line and not hooked so I set him free pretty quickly.
Headed back to inlet and ebb tide was now running. Found a good drift line and got into some big bass. Landed 4, lost 1. All give or take 40” and in the 25lb range. Had to grab the round part of net with 2 hands to live them in boat. No slots so unfortunately nothing came home with me but still fun
Back to dock by 10 and went to work without being missed