The never ending chat thread, chat about anything That your up too

wader

Well-Known Angler
Dec 22, 2018
Onancock, Virginia
quitters!! :)

you're only allowed one Cobia per boat - so we already had what we thought might be a winner so headed back in - it was around 5:15 & had been out there since 9 this morning & the Tourny closed at 6 & quite honestly we were exhausted fightng cow nose rays (which put up a hell of fight for a 30 pound fish) had a few of those & one huge string ray that had to go at least 5 feet from wingtip to wingtip & at least 50 to sixty pounds - thought me rod was gonna snap - thank heavens my rod is rated to 65 pounds because she was completely bent over

Last edited:
Reactions: longcast and MOJOE

longcast

Well-Known Angler
Mar 7, 2019
you're only allowed one Cobia per boat - so we already had what we thought might be a winner so headed back in - it was around 5:15 & had been out there since 9 this morning & the Tourny closed at 6 & quite honestly we were exhausted fightng cow nose rays (which put up a hell of fight for a 30 pound fish) had a few of those & one huge string ray that had to go at least 5 feet from wingtip to wingtip & at least 50 to sixty pounds - thought me rod was gonna snap - thank heavens my rod is rated to 65 pounds because she was completely bent over
Sounds like a great day. A strategy game as much as catching fish.

wader

Well-Known Angler
Dec 22, 2018
Onancock, Virginia
Sounds like a great day. A strategy game as much as catching fish.
t'was - the weather was perfect with a light breeze - 13's 24 foot Priveteer rode what little swells there were with aplomb - sunny around mid 70's & good company - Cheapeake cooperated - we were about 25 miles offshore - with fish to boot on both sides of the tide - Cobia showed up as the outgoing began

Reactions: longcast and MOJOE

longcast

Well-Known Angler
Mar 7, 2019
t'was - the weather was perfect with a light breeze - 13's 24 Priveteer rode what little swells there were with aplomb - sunny around mid 70's & good company - Cheapeake cooperated - we were about 25 miles offshore -with fish to boot on both sides of the tide - Cobia showed up as the outgoing began
How did you guys fish for them? Bait or artificial ?

• Sad
Reactions: movetheboat