They're auctioning off NY Bight Wind Leases...

Roccus7

Staff member
Dec 22, 2018
Midcoast Maine
And everyone wants lithium mines for the battery production......

Recently a HUGE lode has been discovered in Maine and they're lining up to protest mining it, before the land owners have even put together a plan, IF they want to...

OVERBORED

Angler
Jan 6, 2021
Studies show that the batteries in these cars last 120k miles. 150k if you're lucky.

What then? Are the old batteries recyclable?

Going to have to find room in the landfills right next to all the decommissioned windmills!!!

Reactions: WhatKnot

BennyV

Staff member
Dec 21, 2018
City Island, The Bronx
Recently a HUGE lode has been discovered in Maine and they're lining up to protest mining it, before the land owners have even put together a plan, IF they want to...
I can’t wait to see how that plays out.

EVs make sense if they didn’t need batteries, but there is no other way to store the energy. Lithium mining is worse for the environment than using gas vehicles. Even the NYT had a story about how driving a Hummer is better for the environment then a Prius because of the batteries.

I really get a good chuckle from this topic in its entirety. The first internal combustion engine was invented in around 1872 and coal power plants in the 1880s. You’re telling me in the last 140 years the human population has fast tracked global warming?

My favorite environmental related story is NY banning fracking while PA gets to cash in. Same pool of oil divided by an imaginary line. Makes no sense.

OVERBORED

Angler
Jan 6, 2021
It's never the first law that passes. It's the ones that follow. I can see them wanting to do this with existing buildings. Just a matter of time.

• Angry
Reactions: Avenger

jpd

Staff member
Dec 24, 2018
It's never the first law that passes. It's the ones that follow. I can see them wanting to do this with existing buildings. Just a matter of time.

Legislation from state lawmakers Sen. Brian Kavanagh and Assemblymember Emily Gallagher, who are both Democrats, would require any buildings constructed in the state after 2023 to be entirely electric. If it passes, New York would become the first state to ban natural gas in new buildings at a state-wide level.

• Angry
Reactions: WhatKnot

george

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2018
Commack NY
www.nyangler.com
It's stuff like this that has turned me off to New York. I love the place, I take advantage of all it has to offer, but now we're being mandated to have electric stoves and God knows what we'll need for heating should we be lucky enough to have a new build home? I have a gas line that feeds a barbeque and a fire pit. To think I wouldn't be allowed to own this, for purely political reasons, would suck!

Pangaroo

Angler
Jan 15, 2021
They'll still need Fossil Fuel Plants when the Wind Doesn't Blow. I'm all of the above when it comes to energy. Wind, Solar , Nuclear ,Oil /Gas/Coal. I'm not for clean energy because of Global Warming, The Florida Keys had the coldest day in 65 years the other day . Anything to keep the price of Boat Fuel down.Actually with my new 25 Foot Panga Boat powered by a 50 HP Evinrude ETEC my Minivan will burn more fuel than the Boat going to the Boat Ramp.

Fishing Reports

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nr1730