This has to be the fastest braid to leader knot I've seen

Leprechaun

Kind of a Big Deal - In My Mind Anyway
Staff member
I am a huge fan of the FG knot - nothing flies through the guides faster, with less guide-clanking. I live it, love it, and preach it to all that will listen to the ramblings of a now-old(ish) man.

But what if you lose your leader whilst fishing and can't be bothered to put together a proper FG? Or maybe the boat's rolling around on a rough day and its tough enough keeping your eyes focused on the repetitive braiding of twenty or so teeny-tiny overlaps? Well then, this knot may just be the quickest ticket to get you back in the water.

Its called the Braid Twister Knot and I doubt there's an easier to tie braid/leader knot on Earth. Even the Yucatan, Lefty Kreh and old-time fav Double Uni knots are more complicated. Yeah, it'll clank a bit going out/in, but hey, you're back in the catching game, instead of fumbling around with all kinds of loops or extra tough to see weaves.

For your viewing pleasure:

 
Hi.. This is a great find. I have never seen an easier to tie braid to leader knot. Makes the other knots seem like trying to understand calculus. Thanks for the video
 

Latest articles

Back
Top