You Ain't Nothing But a Hound Dog - the Dog Thread

JackPrintMD

Well-Known Angler
Dec 21, 2018
Fire Island Inlet / Islip
getting concerned with Max..........................

Last month or so I've had to coax him into eating. Last week or two - will only eat if I hand feed. Yesterday even that didn't work. He's off his water also. No problem eating dog treats however.

I know he's gotta be in a lot of discomfort what with 3 out 4 legs arthritic - discs in his back are messed up. He's taking a super canine anti-inflammatory to help with the artritis & his back issues as well as at least 1 tramadol a day. When he seems to be uncomfortable I give him a 1/2 at night also.

I know the non-eating has a tendency to signal "a coming to the end". I'm just not ready to put him down. He doesn't appear to be in any real pain. I know they can hide it - but no whimpering or anything like that.
I hope Max turns around Wader.
Sad to hear that and understand, completely.

Been a bit out of sorts here as well, my old guy is having difficulties and had a real bad episode this morning again.
He is eating and drinking and some how got up after going lame from a seizure twice this week.

He is the older brother to the Black lab we lost last October, hope he hangs in, hate to loose them both in a year but not looking good.

All the Best to Max and you.

They give us so much and we do the Best we can for them.

Sad

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpf903