Recent content by Pangaroo

  1. P

    Where'd they go?

    I said early October it's slow and then it starts heating up mid October on. What is there to catch in the bay now ? Pockets of blues here and there , the bass are lying low until dark, I'm sitting home this week because I know it's a slow period now.
  2. P

    Where'd they go?

    I'm out of Jones Inlet and early October it stinks . 55 years I've fished that area. Maybe if you go out 30 miles it's good, around the bay inlet area it stinks .I'm out there during the week when the bay /ocean is empty- Thank goodness!
  3. P

    The most horrific 9/11 event that I ever read about.

    Watch the Jules Naudet 9/11 video, it will blow your mind !! Showed the Firefighters on the street before the 1st plane hit and them racing to the WTC after they saw the plane fly into the WTC. 9/11 showed why Women should never be allowed to be Firefighters. Big strong Men should be...
  4. P

    Where'd they go?

    I wanted to go out this week and try one last time for Fluke. I had a feeling the Fluke were gone , glad I didn't go out. Now we have to wait for the water temps to drop that'll spur on the Bass and Blues. Maybe in a week or so we'll see the weakfish schools off the beach. Really no reason for...
  5. P

    Cod 27/28

    Cod fishing in the 1970's was worse than it is now, it only took 4 or 5 years for the Cod to come back. Why aren't the Cod coming back now ? It's gotta be all the by catch they're throwing back and illegal fishing. New England Politicians are looking the other way and letting it all happen...
  6. P

    The most horrific 9/11 event that I ever read about.

    Back on Sept. 18 , 2001 I read in Newsday about all the NYS Tax And Finance Employees that got killed on 9/11 including my Tax Dept. supervisor who I worked with for 5 years in the Queens District Office in Rego Park. I read how she died on the 78th Floor of the South Tower along with 2 other...
  7. P

    RESTORING AMERICA’s SALTWATER ANGLING AND RECREATION

    Probably the only thing I'll criticize Trump about if this means gutting the fishing regulations. I don't know what to make of this, on the one hand they're talking about restoring fish stocks and being on the side of recreational fishermen and then on the other hand they wanna loosen...
  8. P

    Overall, a satisfactory season

    No fishing out of Major Thomas Jones Inlet this week or off the Island of Nassau with the howling wind this week. That guy is buried in Massapequa off Merrick Road.
  9. P

    Overall, a satisfactory season

    There was a lot of bluefish out there on Saturday around the Meadowbrook Bridge area. Just awful with that NorthEast and then East wind, it was suppose to be incoming tide until 2 PM on Saturday and that wind was pushing me out the inlet right in the middle of incoming !! Caught about 5 shorts...
  10. P

    Do they think we're idiots!

    All I'm saying is , if they're doling out all that money for the windmills , why not give people free solar ? My home in Nassau is totally in the sun and my solar system would be selling power back to the utility company and I'd probably get an electric vehicle and charge it with that Solar.
  11. P

    Do they think we're idiots!

    Keep building the Windmills offshore, I'm all in favor of it. We need structure out there for fishing. They can build reefs out there now in deep water and not worry about it being a hazard to navigation. No Windmills on land, they make a place ugly. They should give free solar to anybody that...
  12. P

    Whats on TV

    No fishing today, so I sat back and watched the movie - The Girl from Jones Beach starring Ronald Reagan. Ronny was rowing his boat off Jones Beach and had a rod out fishing. Laughed when I saw that. Nice pictures of Jones Beach in the 1940's. Wish I could go back in time and see what the...
  13. P

    Backbay was on fire this morning

    They illegally dredged out Merrick Bay in the 1950's and pumped the dredge material onto land to fill in the marsh so homes could be built there. Nicks Marina use to be there with boat rentals. Deep holes in Merrick Bay use to be good spots for Flounder. You remember if any charges were brought...
  14. P

    Backbay was on fire this morning

    Hopefully the weaks migrate in large schools off the beach this October. Good job there, Pequa. Do you fish over Muddy bottoms for those weaks ?
  15. P

    Should I have get a guide? Nah!

    Snapperhead27, Another cheap option would be buying a boat over 30 feet with a nice cabin and docking it out in Montauk. Summer Dock is easily over $5000 , the winter storage is way more reasonable. You could stay out there on the Boat for a week at a time and have a wonderful time out there. Me...
Back
Top