Coyote spotted on Robert Moses beach

Jun 22, 2019
That is a tough disease and I pray for her full recovery.
Thank you George, we are waiting on some new meds which are being tested. Interestingly, They have found "Antabuse" which is given to alcoholics to stop drinking has shown some promise but is not approved yet. They are talking about putting a pic line in her arm for IV treatment. I am a person of faith and I appreciate any prayers for her recovery. She's a great person.

Reactions: longcast and pequa1

pequa1

Staff member
Dec 23, 2018
, it should be obvious
Thank you George, we are waiting on some new meds which are being tested. Interestingly, They have found "Antabuse" which is given to alcoholics to stop drinking has shown some promise but is not approved yet. They are talking about putting a pic line in her arm for IV treatment. I am a person of faith and I appreciate any prayers for her recovery. She's a great person.
Thanks for the tip (about antabuse.) A Friend in MD suffering badly- his doctor had just found out and now my friend has a sort of secondary confirmation (from me) that its being tried.

Roccus7

Staff member
Dec 22, 2018
Midcoast Maine
it's a hell of a way to have to live isn't it? Watch this:
Anyone who believes this one should consider this:

The 5,300-year-old ice mummy dubbed Ötzi, discovered in the Eastern Alps about 20 years ago, appears to have had the oldest known case of Lyme disease, new genetic analysis has revealed.

As part of work on the Iceman's genome — his complete genetic blueprint — scientists found genetic material from the bacterium responsible for the disease, which is spread by ticks and causes a rash and flulike symptoms and can lead to joint, heart and nervous system problems.

I know it was:

Jan 10, 2019
I wish we could find a way to eradicate ticks! The Coyote's might possibly have an effect on the deer population one day but we need something that will eat ticks. I know quail do as well as guinea hens but something has to be done and soon. I can't go in the woods anymore and my wife has Lyme disease. It's devastating! I like to think that there is a purpose for every one of God's creatures on this earth, but for the life of me, I can't imagine any downside to the complete eradication of ticks from the planet.
Opossum eat ticks

WillD

New Angler
Mar 6, 2019
Merrick NY
My brother-in-law says there's a beaver living around Hempstead Lake State Park.
I fish that park on a weekly basis and I've never seen one. Yesterday I was fishing the big lake while my wife walked the dogs around the park and her and my sister came up to me and said they swear they saw a beaver swimming around. I immediately thought of this post lol. I still have some doubts but we all kayak in Harriman state park often and we've seen plenty of beavers up close. Kind of crazy to have one in this park.

Reactions: JoeTackle

7stripes

New Angler
Mar 1, 2020
South Shore, LI
Nutria have become fairly common in our waters (sadly). Some towns on Long Island have become overrun with them actually.

Can be hard to differentiate them from beavers even for the trained eye.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chefvin