the movie you just rented/went to see/or just saw "Recommend or Not Recommend It" thread

jpd

Staff member
Dec 24, 2018
Not out yet, but I think Clint Eastwood has another winner on his hands...

• Love
Reactions: Chevy1

wader

Well-Known Angler
Dec 22, 2018
Onancock, Virginia
The Irishman (Netflix)

Excellent - bit long - but excellent
Incredible Cast:
  • Robert De Niro
  • Al Pacino
  • Joe Peche
  • Harvey Keitel
  • Ray Romano
Definitely Recommend It
(y)

wader

Well-Known Angler
Dec 22, 2018
Onancock, Virginia
who do you think gave a best performance?
hard to say - they were all good - the interplay between De Niro & Pesci was great & between De Niro & Pacino - I thought individual performances, while terrific, paled in comparison to the interaction between the cast members - they were just more riveting

pequa1

Staff member
Dec 23, 2018
, it should be obvious
While I also did not lose interest in The Irishman, it truly dragged in spots, but that made for leftover Thanksgiving treat time, bathroom breaks, etc. without using "pause." I guess you could say that it was too damn long. I would rather have been watching a new Avengers-type movie, or another episode of The Mandelorian: sorry there Scorcese !

I had recorded "The Operative" on Starz, or Showtime, or HBO and finally watched it last night with the missus. She hated it and although I generally love movies of espionage, killing ragheads terrorists, etc., it was boring.

Roccus7

Staff member
Dec 22, 2018
Midcoast Maine
OK, I'll overstate the obvious and recommend that any Grandpa's out there take their little Princesses to see Frozen II. They'll "love you forever" and proclaim it was "the best day ever!!!"

As an animation collector and aficionado I do recommend the movie. It was a rare example of a sequel being as good as the original...

jpd

Staff member
Dec 24, 2018
Watched Tarantino's Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, kind of quirky - Pitt's character Cliff Booth was probably the best part. Margot Robbie looked good as Sharon Tate.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Togman1